Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 5th, 2010 03:00

upgrade to governance edition quick answer please

Hi,

We are considering upgrading our basic model 4 node centera to governance edition.

Do we need to buy 2 x 2 EMC CENTERA GOVERNANCE 2-NODE RIGHT-TO-USE or  1 x EMC CENTERA GOVERNANCE 2-NODE RIGHT-TO-USE?

2 nodes are access role

2 nodes are storage role

Thanks,

Darmin

April 5th, 2010 09:00

Hi Darmin

As you are using a 4-Node system you need to buy 2 x 2 EMC CENTERA GOVERNANCE 2-NODE RIGHT-TO-USE licenses. The number of nodes licesed need to match the total number of nodes in the system.

Best regards, Holger

337 Posts

April 5th, 2010 05:00

Extra licenses are required for Centera only if one wishes to upgrade among the following:

• CPP: or an upgrade license from CPM to CPP.

• Access on Storage Nodes: in case you have no Gen4 nodes in your cluster.

• Additional pools: beyond the standard 100.

• Rack-to-rack license: to interconnect racks.

• Replication: A license is required for each server in the replication chain.

• Governance or Compliance Plus Editions: A license is required for one or the other, but not both.

• Advanced Retention Management: Governance or Compliance Plus Edition is required before purchasing this license. It is not available for Basic Edition.

138 Posts

April 5th, 2010 06:00

Hi Phukon,

Thanks for your answer but it does not address my question.

I am aware what licenses do but I am not sure if we need to buy 2 x 2 governance right to use or 1 x governance right to use because of the number of storage nodes we have...

337 Posts

April 5th, 2010 07:00

The Cluster can be either BASIC or GE, It cannot be mixed,

All 4 nodes of the clusters MUST have storage role configured.

For further support you need to talk to the  accounts team so that they can set up with the correct licenses for the cluster.

138 Posts

April 6th, 2010 07:00

Thank you Holger,

Thats what I was looking for.

No Events found!