Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

July 21st, 2018 07:00

Chromebook, determining device configuration

When my Chromebook powers on it says, "determining device configuration" ?

1 Message

September 19th, 2018 11:00

If your screen gets stuck on a message that says "Determining device configuration" while you're setting up your Chromebook for the first time, you may need to reboot your system:

1. Press and hold the power button until your Chromebook shuts down.
  2. Turn your Chromebook back on.

1 Message

September 20th, 2021 15:00

this seems to not work for me but IDK if it is what I am using it is an LG Chromebook or bass IDK what one but this didn't work for me

1 Message

July 19th, 2023 11:00

Same problem I'll also face it

1 Message

August 5th, 2023 04:00

The message "Determining device configuration" is a normal part of the boot-up process for Chromebooks. When you power on a Chromebook, it goes through a series of checks and configurations to ensure that the device is ready to use. During this process, the system is checking hardware components, verifying the operating system, and setting up the necessary configurations.

This message typically appears for a brief moment, and then the Chromebook proceeds to the login screen or desktop environment. If you are experiencing delays or issues during this process, it could be due to various reasons, such as outdated software, corrupted files, or hardware problems.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Power Cycle: Turn off the Chromebook completely, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor glitches.

1. Check for Updates: Ensure your Chromebook is up-to-date with the latest software updates. Go to Settings > About Chrome OS > Check for updates.

1. Reset Chromebook: If the issue persists, you can try performing a "Powerwash" or factory reset. This will reset your Chromebook to its default settings, so make sure to back up any important data before proceeding. Go to Settings > Advanced > Powerwash.

1. Check for Hardware Issues: If the problem continues after the reset, there might be hardware issues causing the delay. In such cases, it's best to contact the manufacturer's support or an authorized service center for further assistance.

No Events found!