Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

15 Posts

March 1st, 2022 15:00

Why is my laptop shutting down when playing sims 4?

I can run Sims 4 in laptop mode which I guess is less graphic intense? This is a more recent issue The laptop I got two years ago. It worked fine and then I think a short in the charger was making it difficult for the charge to hold properly. When I was playing Sims 4 it would be fine until I opened a safe then it would act like it couldn't hold the charge switching between the battery seemingly being plugged in to unplugged. Then it would abruptly shut down. I bought a new adapter and now it will hold its charging normal circumstances. I can play other games like Skyrim, or Bioshock but as soon as I try to play Sims 4 (when it's not in laptop mode) it will do the same thing. Acting like the battery isn't holding its charge and abruptly shutting off. Will replacing the battery fix this issue? My previous ASUS didn't have this issue but I think when I bought it, it was a bit more powerful than the current one, though both are supposedly gaming laptops. Any suggestions?

• 

25.1K Posts

March 2nd, 2022 09:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 15th, 2022 15:00

Chromebook models are not gaming computers. That model is mainly for students and light use. They do not even have Windows as the operating system. They have the Chrome OS.

See this- 21 Pros and Cons of Chromebook Laptops - Is it Worth it to Buy a Chromebook? (tech21century.com) 

346 Posts

November 28th, 2022 23:00

A sudden computer shutdown can be caused by overheating hardware (as a safety measure) or if your power supply is too weak. If you've monitored your hardware temperatures (I recommend Speedfan or CPU ID HWMonitor) and they seem to be normal, then open up your PC and see what kind of power supply is in there.

Greetings,
jimmy

February 7th, 2023 22:00

Sims 4 is a life simulation single-player game that needs competent hardware configurations. A player controls the management and creation of characters which are possible only with sharp graphics. For this purpose, your laptop needs powerful dedicated graphics cards. A stable internet connection is needed only at the time of installation. Many of the people don’t focus on the technical requirements hence fail to install and play this game smoothly. A laptop with a powerful CPU and GPU will help to run this game efficiently.

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2023 07:00

Based on the symptoms you have described, it sounds like the power supply to your laptop is insufficient to handle the demands of running Sims 4 at high graphics settings. This may be due to a faulty battery, which is unable to provide enough power to the laptop's hardware when under high load.

Replacing the battery may help resolve the issue, but it's not a guarantee. There could be other underlying issues with the laptop's hardware, such as a faulty graphics card or insufficient cooling, that could also be contributing to the problem.

July 18th, 2023 08:00

I am also facing same type of problem. My laptop automatically locking when I open window replacement website. Have you got any solution?

1 Rookie

• 

109 Posts

July 19th, 2023 04:00

Well you can try the following :

• Fix the issue of Computer Overheating.
  • Check for PSU Problems.
  • Check for any  Hardware Issues in your system.
  • Run Virus or Malware Check in your system.
  • Update Drivers.
  • Well you can go for the Update Windows.
No Events found!