Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 22nd, 2014 07:00

Brocade 200E Access Gateway to Cisco 9509

i have a customer request to connect their existing SAN on their Brocade 200E to my Cisco MDS san and access my Vmax 10K storage array. Reading the Access Gateway documentation, it states that setting the Access Gateway mode on , clears the zoning database and other things. Is there a way to connect a Brocade switch to a Cisco MDS switch without wiping out their current Brocade san setup ? We are also using IVR for San zoning on the Cisco's.

Thanks

Doug Maine

douglas.maine@emc.com

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

you will need to create a new VSAN (with correct compatibility mode) and then use IVR to zone initators from Brocade to targets on MDS.

5.7K Posts

The Access Gateway mode would be preferable, but if you don't want to wipe the Brocade config, using an interop mode in a new VSAN is the only way.

143 Posts

June 6th, 2014 23:00

Hi Doug,

When Brocade 200 switch is set to Access gateway mode (AG), it will not be a switch anymore, but a pass-through device and acting as a NPIV device.

There is no need anymore for any switch features on the 200, and the zoning resides on the actual switch it is connected to. (If connected to Cisco, indeed in the VSAN you connect the AG to.)

This would be easier to set up then creating a new VSAN and actual merging the 200 in interop etc, to the Cisco SAN and then set up IVR, with all the trouble.

So the question you need to ask why do you actual want to keep the zoning....? In case of what...?

Do you want the 200 to act as a switch or as a AG...? That is the real question you want to ask yourself.

It all depends on the design you want to create.

But for easier setup, would be AG.

Regards,

Ed

No Events found!