Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2013 05:00

LDAP/TACACS Authentication on MDS

Hi,

I am looking to move away from using local accounts on our MDS switches as an auditing requirement

We use cli/DCNM/device manager/ECC/Prosphere. 

Has anyone implemented (LDAP)Active directory or Tacacs authentication successfully with the tools listed?

Thanks,

Sean

1 Rookie

• 

5.7K Posts

October 28th, 2013 03:00

Hi there,

we use CLI, DCNM, DM since years now and the LDAP integration just works fine. Is there anything specific you want to know?

1 Rookie

• 

76 Posts

February 1st, 2014 07:00

Hi RRR,

Do you also use LDAP with ECC(Ionix 6.1.X).  If , yes,  please share the procedure.

Thank You.

1 Rookie

• 

5.7K Posts

February 3rd, 2014 06:00

I haven't seen ECC in over a year and for what I remember of that customer, they used locally created users, but it's been a while...

2.1K Posts

February 3rd, 2014 07:00

We tied in AD authentication to ECC but I was never happy with how it worked. I wanted more flexibility to use AD groups. We took the instructions straight out of the install and planning guide, so we didn't do anything special.

I'm looking forward to seeing how SRM Suite 3.0 integrates for AD authentication sometime soon!

December 22nd, 2014 11:00

Here is a guide that was used for NX-OS that was running on an MDS 9148 switch. http://lvlnrd.com/tacacs-net-server-cisco-ios-and-nx-os-nexus-mds-configurations-for-tacacs-aaa/

1 Rookie

• 

76 Posts

December 22nd, 2014 11:00

Hi,

I have configured a Cisco MDS 9000 switch(NX-OS 5.0.8a) for LDAP authentication and authorization following the Cisco doc. However, I am not able to login still successfully.   RADIUS login works fine.

Can you share the procedure for Cisco.

Do, we also need to set LDAP search map as well, or it will work without that step ?

Thanks

Sudhir

1.3K Posts

May 9th, 2017 04:00

also look at the security configurtion guide for the respective NXOS version

1.3K Posts

May 9th, 2017 04:00

Configure MDS LDAP - Cisco

this sounds a good one

141 Posts

November 28th, 2017 05:00

Hello Sean,

Did you the correct info in order to implement non local authentication.

Thanks and rgds,

Jim.

No Events found!