Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 26th, 2011 22:00

problem to ISL cisco and brocade switch

Hi

I try to connect cisco and brocade switch

The ISL is up and the cisco and brocade switch see each other

I cannot see the WPNN of the device connectto the  brocade switch on the cisco whan i try to create new zone on the cisco

Moshe

180 Posts

July 27th, 2011 05:00

Hi Moshe, The team is going to move this thread over to the Support Forums Community where it can be addressed.

Thanks,

Stephanie

14 Posts

July 27th, 2011 05:00

Hello Moshe,

Your thread has been moved to the Infrastructure Connectivity forum, it should receive an answer in a timely manner here.

Thank You,
Devin

42 Posts

July 27th, 2011 06:00

Hi

i do'nt see the WWN system plug-in into borcade on the cisco

The type is Brocade 3900 that is install on blade center

interop mode Cisco-1 and brocade-3

system version cisco-4.2.1a brocade 6.4.1

Moshe

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 27th, 2011 06:00

if you run "sh fcns database" ..you dont' see WWN of systems plugged-in into Brocade ? What type of Brocade switch is it ?  What interop mode is set on Brocade and Vsan mode on Cisco ?

42 Posts

July 27th, 2011 07:00

Hi

Brocade M5424

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

Are you sure it's brocade 3900 ? I can only find brocade 3900 that's a 2G capable switch that's a departmental switch ..not one that goes into blade enclosures.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

if i were you ..i would not mess with interop mode, simply put Brocade switch into Access Gateway Mode and put Cisco VSAN back into default mode and enable NPIV (command is "feature npiv) .  It's so much easier to manage because you don't have to deal with interop settings. We have all of our Brocade 4024 connected in AG mode to Cisco 9513.

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/data_sheets/product_data_sheets/DL-DS-207-00.pdf

2 Posts

November 27th, 2019 03:00

Hi,

As for the interop mode 3 approach, I have a further question for clarification.

Let's say, I have a bunch of zones configured and effective in my Brocade fabric.

On the Cisco switch side, I have a few servers connected but let's say I clear my zones/zoneset as a preparation to merge. And I change 2 things:

1. to set the domain ID to make it unique (it'll be a higher DID than any existing Brocade switch DIDs since all my Brocade DIDs already started with 1, 2, 3, etc.)

2. to change the interop mode to 3.

Then if I connect a FC cable between this Cisco  switch and one of the Brocade switches for ISL, would this Cisco switch get all the zone configuration from the Brocade fabric as if I added a new Brocade switch into the existing fabric? Is it that seamless?

Thank You.

No Events found!