Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

247 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 09:00

Charged for McAfee subscription, #4

According to Dell when I purchased my 5593 Inspiron in March I was to receive a 12 month subscription to McAfee LiveSafe security. Much to my surprise when I looked over my invoice I was charged $45.81 for the 12 month subscription. Seems like Dell is simply charging you no matter if you want the service or not? I have no problems with being offered a trial subscription but to be promised a free service then charged for it. That to me boarders on unauthorized charges. I know I would not have chose to buy McAfee subscription I already have a security suite service.

247 Posts

May 27th, 2020 11:00

After chatting with a Dell customer service rep, they explained the McAfee charge on my invoice as a requirement to list a price because its a third party product. It is baked into the notebook purchase because I can use a calculator and see that it's included in the total price. So its not really 12 months of free McAfee although I will say the $45.81 charge for unlimited installs is a rather good deal. I don't think this should be something you cannot opt out of or have the option of getting a refund. Dell and McAfee obviously have a arrangement to offer this on every PC purchase. Nothing against McAfee personally, but this should be a optional not baked into the PC purchase. 

No Events found!