Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2014 07:00

Complaint against DELL's customer service in India

I am a chemical engineer and generally travel around the world for my work. I recently bought a Dell business laptop E-7440 Latitude laptop from Vietnam. It was a local shop but i have a proper invoice. When I bought the laptop, the shop showed me the international warranty of the laptop by putting  express service code and product serial number. It showed 3 years international warranty. On my surprise, when i came back from my country India, I had many issues with my laptop which was bought just aè days before from Vietnam. DELL in India refused me to provide me services because this laptop information is not in their database. I want to know, if this is situation, why customer , who trusted DELL as an international company n is being punished? DELL is saying that eventhough I have produced original invoice, that shop was not authorised to sell DELL laptop hence, they can not transfer ownership on my name. My question is how do i know, before buying the DELL product that the shop which is one of the biggest in Vungtau (Vietnam) which has hundreds of DELL product in display is not authorised by DELL? What steps DELL has taken against that shop? instead of punishing the loyal customers, why DELL is not directly interacting with the shop which is selling their products without authorization by DELL? Hence, I approached  and explained to them about my grievances and very rude customer service personnel.I am not publishing the name but I have made complaint against a lady who sits in the bangalore and she is senior manager of customer service. I think DELL is not providing ethical services. If some one wants to help, please leave your kind advise at my email address given below.

Rashesh shah

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

You have to take that up with DELL INDIA not DELL USA.

https://www.facebook.com/dellindia

3 Posts

I have taken it to DELL India but they did not help. Dell is international company having head quarter in USA and as per DELL's advise, my laptop is supposed to be sold in USA only, how can i buy from Vietnam? this question, i can not answer. Hence i wanted to convey through this forum to everybody that before buying DELL laptop from abroad, be cautious.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 13th, 2014 22:00

If the laptop was sold in the USA, then we have no idea how it got to a reseller in Vietnam. How could we? We simply sell it and ship it. What a user does with it after that is beyond our control. The Latitude E7440 is sold through Dell India. So they should be able to transfer the warranty over there. On 2/8/14, the laptop was purchased from Dell by a reseller named "Laptop Plaza" in Miami, Florida. This sale occurred in the USA. The warranty is from from 2/8/14 to 2/8/17. Somehow the laptop got to Vungtau Vietnam where you purchased it. At this point, you never purchased from Dell, so you do not have a Dell Customer number or Order number. You must transfer the ownership of the service tag number into your name using the form. Until this is complete, there is nothing Dell India can do.

3 Posts

March 7th, 2015 03:00

"You must transfer ownership of the service tag" as a customer, how do i know that i will require original owner info. This is first time, I bought laptop from Vietnam, that time, seller showed me warranty status by showing me service tag number in the website and that is same with my laptop.

I have no clue who is original buyer, now what is the most reasonable things to do? Either DELL should give me extended warranty separately or I will claim through consumer forum in India controlled by government legal system which helps indian customers. My question to DELL in Vietnam was also the same, what you can do and even they knew the shop, they said they can not do anything, this is strange!!

I do not wish to say story, but it is certainly not my fault. If DELL think that the seller is not genuine, they should take necessary steps through DELL Vietnam to protect customer's interest , who is buying the brand as DELL.

No Events found!