Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2016 15:00

Dell Order support doesn't...

I purchased an Alienware Area 51 computer on May 14, 2016. The email confirmation I received stated that the estimated delivery date would be between May 20-25. On May 20th, I called the customer support number and asked why my system information still showed confirmed but not shipped. The individual put me on hold and returned saying they would expedite the shipping. I checked the status again on May 23rd and it still showed confirmed and not shipped. I spoke to a second customer service representative that informed me that he would have it expedited, and even though he didn't have to, he would give me a $50.00 credit towards this $2300.00 purchase. I was told the system was out of production and could possibly ship that day or within 24 hours. The order status then showed an Estimated delivery date of May 24 (updated). I waited two days and checked the order status again today May 25th. There was still no change and no shipped date. I called again and spoke to a third customer service representative and was given the exact same answer that the system was out of production in Mexico and that it could ship today or possibly within 24 hours. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that the supervisor was busy on another call. I explained that I was at the point that I should just cancel the order as I could not get any definitive answer to this situation. I was put on hold and returned to the automated queue for customer support. I spoke to a fourth individual who put me on hold and supposedly had a supervisor to speak to me. This individual gave the me exact same spiel as if reading from a manual on how do deal with customers and get them off the phone. He suggested that I write a letter to Dell Corporate if I was not satisfied with the support I was given. He informed me that the computer had not reached the US and that it would ship in maybe the next 24 hours. I have been a Dell customer for many years. This level of incompetence and the inability to provide clear customer support is just terrible. I was basically given the option to "try" and cancel the order or just wait and it will get here when it gets here. I was told if it didn't ship within 24 hours of arriving at the US hub then they could do something to expedite the issue. I have always recommended Dell to my friends and customers. I'm pretty sure that will no longer be the case and that I will not be purchasing anything from this company again.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 26th, 2016 12:00

Hi uspsmark,

Thanks for posting about your experience.

Apologies for the confusion around your recent order.  As is posted on the ordering page, the ship dates and the delivery dates are "Estimated".  Estimated means just that, we can not exactly know for sure when a product will ship as there are many variables such as parts shortages.  Deliveries can only be estimated as there are numerous weather, mechanical breakdowns, etc. factors that come into play.  Computers are built in China, then they're shipped to the USA where the merge facility packages and prepares the products for shipping.  From there the shipper waits until they have sufficient items to make a load, then they deliver the products. 

I hope this explains things a bit, but if you would like me to check into it further, then please contact me privately.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!