Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2012 12:00

Dell Support (profanity removed)

So I needed a new laptop & ordered the Dell XPS 12 with much enthusiasm only for it to get diffused even before I have the machine in my hand. I ordered it on 11/24/12 and my order shipping was supposed to be on 12/10/12.

I have waited patiently for three weeks for the shipping of my computer. When I got no shipping details I found online that they consider this to be quite "routine" and I should wait until today, my supposed delivery date. When I checked my order status this morning, it shows lo & behold.. expected delivery on 12/18/12 !!?? I got no email stating the delay or the reason, whatsoever.

I have tried contacting the dell order support by calling them and it goes to a voice machine that pretty much does zilch to help one out. After repeated tries to get to talk to a customer support official, I have given up.

In short, the support calling system !! I wish I could take my money back and go buy a new macbook today. The dell support needs a serious revamp and I would definitely like my money back instead of the miserable wait for another week or more. Does Dell have any answers???

12 Posts

Calling Customer Care for order status wouldn't do much more than frustrate you.  Try the chat, it's faster. 

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/contact_customer_service?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

The chat is no better. I tried to use it when I was looking to buy XPS12. I should have thought better than to order the XPS 12 after the customer care official I "chatted" with denied having any information about XPS 12. Apparently, ignorance is what they are looking for in a dell customer support official! 

1 Message

March 19th, 2013 14:00

i have never seen so many inept people who dont listen to what you are telling them... that have no authority to do anything !  i purchased a very expensive 7720 laptop and it has not worked correctly since day one.. ive talked to dozens of people at dell and have had multiple parts replaced... reloaded windows 3 times and still cant get anywhere with this and noone has the darn authority to make the decision to just send me a replacement!  we are about 13 hours into this between support calls and having a local tech come out and replace most of the parts and still the problem exists. i have been trying to for days now to get them just to exchange the machine and stop wasting my time (and theirs) but they still wish to continue to make me upset and make me wait yet another 24 -48 hours more for someone else to call me back to spend more time (wasted). i have purchased about 20 dell machines over the years for work and personal use.. this is definately the last one, because im sick and tired of speaking to peple who are nothing but robots !

No Events found!