Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2016 09:00

Done with Dell?

Is anyone completely done with Dell products based on a bad experience?  Awhile back I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop for work purposes.  Of course I didn't purchase the additional warranty on it, mainly because I thought it would be a good, reliable laptop since it's a Dell.  I was wrong.  Very shortly after the "free" 1 year limited warranty on the laptop expired, it quit working.  I got the black screen of death and seven LOUD beeps, which apparently indicates a complete failure of the processor.  Dell support told me I would have to replace two components in the laptop, which seemed ridiculous because the cost to do that would probably be more than if I went out and bought a new laptop (non-Dell after that).  Basically I got a "good luck".  I still would like to believe Dell is a solid brand that makes reliable products, but I just don't want to make the same mistake twice, as laptops aren't cheap.  Anyone else have a similar experience and/or have sworn off Dell products altogether?

1 Message

August 13th, 2016 19:00

I purchased an Inspiron 15, 7568, I received it December 22, 2015. The touch screen quit responding, Dell has had the system since July 22nd. to replace the screen. (Back Order) they say. I am not pleased with Dell at all.They have come highly recommended and had a good reputation in the past. I'm not so sure anymore. My 15 year old said I should've bought a mac book. I'm second guessing myself now too!!!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 15th, 2016 06:00

Hi ljbrooks1,

Thanks for posting about your experience on the Dell Forum.

Apologies that your system is having an issue, unfortunately electronic parts don't last forever, but you have a variety of options.  Our Out of Warranty department has parts and services available to assist in getting the computer repaired.  

Not sure which parts are needed, but Dell Spare Parts will have them, or they may be obtained from places like parts-people.com.  

Hope you find this information helpful, if you need additional assistance, contact me privately.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!