Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 23rd, 2016 11:00

Fake Dell support calls

I also have been receiving DAILY calls from Dell tech support scammers!!  What I want to know, is how do they know so much about what computers I have purchased from Dell and even what I had loaded on the ones I did purchase??  They call my home phone and my cell phone and I just gave my cell number to a Dell tech in August of 2015 when he was helping me to put Windows 10 on my computer!  I gave him the cell number because my home phone had static and the phone company had not been here to do the repairs yet!!  So my info was given out or released by someone working for Dell since that time and 2-3 months ago.
I had a call just now that caller ID said it was from Hayward, CA and the number was (510)264-4543.  That is just one of SEVERAL that call here daily!!!
I have bought 3 computers from Dell, but with my personal information being given out by employees, evidently, I doubt highly I buy another Dell product!!!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 24th, 2016 07:00

Hi ismedm,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Protection of your data is a top priority for Dell.

Unfortunately, technology phone scams have become prevalent across our industry. We would love for you to take a moment to help us stop cybercriminals by reporting the details about your interaction by completing this secure form, this will allow us to investigate further. Also, please read this Wiki which has more helpful data.

Regards,
Robert

1 Message

June 1st, 2016 11:00

jerks also called me today from that same number.

they are also calling from:800-425-0267

how they got my number is unknown as I'm also aware there are scammers posing as Dell Tech Support, and I know as a fact they are not. Not to mention that I don't have any "problems" with my two dell devices. If there was, my security software would immediately alert me.

No Events found!