Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

15 Posts

September 4th, 2019 11:00

Getting the Round about getting my promotion honored

Looking back through search I see that I'm not the only one. I was talked into buying this laptop because of the $100 VISA promotion but now the 28 days is almost up and Berkeley still has not sent me the card. My checking account has been closed due to overdraft as I don't have the card to make any changes on how to pay for things. And yes I needed the laptop in order to work from home as I'm homebound. I am not a happy camper. I have contacted promogiftcards and am not even getting responses to the emails. When will this be resolved or do I need to write a letter to the CEO of this company?

Like so many others on this forum I am also one of the many who has not got my VISA.  And every time I call I get a different answer.  Your people refuse to even respond to my email about this.  I bought this laptop in good faith that I would get the VISA in a timely manner and then I'd be able to pay off some of my bills all while using this laptop to earn me money as I am homebound. I did call Berkeley and they are trying to help but not sure where the blame lies here.  

Thank you.

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

September 5th, 2019 01:00

Hi,

I have messaged you via private message. Request you to check my response and provide the necessary details. 

September 5th, 2019 09:00

I have responded but if the promo was honored you wouldn't be having to deal with all of these posts on here relating to such.  FYI:  I have reported this to the BBB and FTC.  It's ridiculous that we have to beg a "reputable" company to honor a promo.  I was happy to get your Chromebook until I could afford this laptop but was talked into this. 

September 12th, 2019 04:00

There is still no resolution to this matter.  Sadly I had to report to the BBB, FTC and the FCC about this situation.  It's well over 30 days and nothing on the Promotional VISA.  

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

September 12th, 2019 05:00

Hi,

I have responded to you via private message. 

September 12th, 2019 05:00

For 2 weeks I was told you were escalating this and nothing is being done.  I'm sorry but I don't believe you or the other administrators on here.  This is totally uncalled for and unethical business.  Tomorrow this gets reported to national news.  I see the pattern from reading other complaints and that is you stretch this out far past the time to be able to redeem the VISA so that it is no longer eligible.  Dell USED to be very legit but it is no longer I see.  I'm tired of this run around and I want what is mine.  If you all would quit posting on Facebook about how wonderful you are, maybe you can devote the time to really look into this issue instead of just saying you are.  I'm on limited budget and was blatantly lied to as I would have been perfectly content to just get one of the Chromebooks you had until I can afford the laptop I have.  There is no excuse to go round and round on a daily and sometimes hourly basis to beg for a promotional VISA that I claimed in good faith.  All you have to do is look at the number of complaints on here as well as on your Facebook page to see what is going on.  So these constant PM me so I can escalate is just words.  I had to have my phone service shut off because of this situation.  I don't make a lot of money as I'm homebound.  This is just taking advantage of me and others who have the same go around.  

No Events found!