Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2016 12:00

Horrible Customer Service

On May 17th, 2016 I ordered Inspiron i7 7000 laptop, Skullcandy headphones and 8GB of laptop memory. I received the headphones and memory around the 20th. The laptop was shipped on the 20th. On the 24th FedEx delivered the laptop to the wrong address and they were unable to recover it. I sent the FedEx case number to Dell customer service on the 26th and they stated a replacement would be sent out next day air. Also on May 26th, Dell billing department stated my Dell Preferred Account would be pushed back to July for my first payment. I received and email on the 27th that Dell has processed a replacement and I will be notified when it will be shipped out. I requested an order number so I can track the item and I received another email on June 1st stating that an order number has not been generated even though the replacement has been processed. They will send me an email when it is shipped. It is June 7th and I have not received an email. A Dell customer resolution rep contacted me (only after I filed a complaint with an agency) and informed me that a replacement laptop HAS NOT been processed. Dell customer service WILL lie to you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 9th, 2016 07:00

Hi boxerboss65, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board and bringing your customer experience to my attention. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you may have encountered while trying to track your order. 

Generally, once an order has been placed, you will receive an email with your order number. You may then log into our website and use the order number to check your Order Status, shipping and delivery status, find answers to common questions and resolve any issues with the ordering process. 

When there is a dispute regarding delivery of a product, the carrier will open a case and try to track and retrieve the item. If that is unsuccessful, they will notify Dell and we will authorize a replacement system to be dispatched. The replacement laptop is covered under the warranty of the original order, so a new order number is not generated. 

You are unable to track dispatches in the same manner as an order number. I would be happy to assist in looking into the dispatch on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records. 

Thanks,
Lorna

June 10th, 2016 16:00

On May 17th, 2016 I ordered Inspiron i7 7000 laptop, Skullcandy headphones and 8GB of laptop memory. I received the headphones and memory around the 20th. The laptop was shipped on the 20th. On the 24th FedEx delivered the laptop to the wrong address and they were unable to recover it. I sent the FedEx case number to Dell customer service on the 26th and they stated a replacement would be sent out next day air. Also on May 26th, Dell billing department stated my Dell Preferred Account would be pushed back to July for my first payment. I received and email on the 27th that Dell has processed a replacement and I will be notified when it will be shipped out. I requested an order number so I can track the item and I received another email on June 1st stating that an order number has not been generated even though the replacement has been processed. They will send me an email when it is shipped. It is June 7th and I have not received an email. Email received on June 10th states:

Hi Frank,

Thank you for providing the requested information. This will advise there is a replacement order currently in production with an estimated shipping date of 29-JUN-2016.

Another Dell representative tried to expedite this order on your behalf, however, the manufacturer states this order is already past the expedited stage.

This order is currently past any expediting options due to its current Order Stage. This order is currently building that could take up to 3 days, pending no issues. Once the order completes its build cycle, the shuttle and ship through our logistics partner will take an additional 6 to 9 days. Then courier times to the customer will apply. The request is being closed.

Thanks for your patience while the manufacturer completes your order. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. 

Sincerely,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 13th, 2016 15:00

Hi BoxerBoss, 

The latest notes from the manufacturer on 6/12/16 state: 

Order In Production (IP) 10-JUN-2016 to 12-JUN-2016  

Shuttle IN-PROGRESS 12-JUN-2016

The order is currently on the shuttle and will take up to 6 to 9 days that includes the shuttle and merge. 

I trust this information is helpful. 

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!