Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2016 10:00

Horrible Customer Service

On September 6 I ordered a laptop for my sons birthday on the 10 th of September.  The only reason I went his route is because Alienware was advertising two day deliveries.  So stupid me I assumed this laptop was sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to arrive at my home in two days.  Plus Alienware was the specific computer my son requested.

The next day I went to check my tracking order and did not find it.  I contacted Dell Support and they informed me the laptop was in production.  I explained that if I knew the laptop had to be built I wouldnt of ordered it.  I asked if there was another model that I could order that would be shipped faster, however I dont think the individual understood me or didnt care.  However after a day of discussion I was told the laptop would be shipped on the 13th.  So I waited and on the 13th at noon I noticed it had not shipped so I contacted support again.  I was lied to by two different representatives and then finally told by the third that it would  ship.  I checked my tracking and it stated it would be delivered on Friday the 16th.   

So Im fairly happy now.  The problem is resolved.  My wife agreed to stay home Friday in order to receive the laptop.  We  made plans to celebrate my sons Birthday a week later on the 17th.  Needless to say the laptop didnt arrive Friday.  It was actually delivered to a residence 400 miles away.  Due to someone rerouting it according to FedEx.  Needless to say I was very upset.  Dealing with this company had put a hardship on my family twice.  I was told to wait 48 hours in order for Dell and Fed Ex to investigate the incident.  Needless to say I called back 48 hours later and nothing had been done.

After another whole day of being on the phone with customer service agents who could do NOTHING a manager called.  He stated he was sending me another computer that evening.  I specifically told him if I could not have a computer by the end of the week I did not want the computer anymore.  Next day I check the tracking.  Expected Delivery Date October 6.  Dell/Alienware  come on this is ridiculous.  A huge producer of computers and you cant deliver one in less then two weeks to a customer who has allready endured enough.!!!!!

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2016 11:00

I thought my problem was isolated.  However I look at other posts and see computers not being delivered and another person having their stuff delivered to someone else.  Both of these happened to me.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 22nd, 2016 15:00

Hi jongage73, 

Thank you for posting your experience on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. We appreciate anyone who takes the time to relate their customer journey. Feedback still remains an important tool in evaluating our products and services. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or disappointment you and your family may have been caused. Dell strives to provide a pleasant purchase experience for all our valued customers. I sincerely regret we missed the mark in your case. 

The information you were provided regarding the manufacture of our Alienware systems is accurate. Dell is a mail order company and build to order manufacturer. A system's shipping date, as provided by a Dell Sales Agent or Customer Care Representative or on the Dell Web site, is an estimate only and is not guaranteed.  Usually, a system or product will ship on or before its estimated shipping date.  Occasionally, however, vendor-related issues may delay the manufacture and subsequent shipment of an order.  Please understand that in such situations, the assembly of your computer cannot be completed until the necessary parts have arrived at Dell. I apologize for any disappointment this unforeseen delay may have caused.

• Estimated Delivery date is the date that Dell expects your order to reach you. This estimation is calculated based on 3 key factors:
  1. Payment method - The amount of time it takes for authorization of the payment is varies for different forms of payment such as Credit Cards, Pay Pal, and a Dell Preferred Account.
  2. Production/Packing time - This is the time that it will take to assemble and/or pack your order for shipment. The length of time is influenced by the production build time and/or product availability.
  3. Shipping Option Selected – It is important to note that this is specifically the estimated time it will take your order to reach you AFTER it has shipped.
  • You can view the latest estimated delivery date information with the Online Order Status Tool.
    Please note that exchange order systems are expedited.

I trust this information is helpful. If you still need assistance with your order, please respond to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records. 

Thank you,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 23rd, 2016 09:00

Hi jongage73,

If you still need assistance, I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!