Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2014 09:00

I have nothing to say anymore about this !

This is written to help someone in the future to decide on risking their money when purchasing a computer.  I have no issues with the company, they have done so much for the IT hardware world in the past, but now times have changed. 

Their support is not good, and products seems to be failing without  a cause. Here is my history and reason why I am saying Good bye to Dell -inclusive MS Windows also. I take it that my last purchase in Oct 2013 was my payment  for using your products over the past 14 years.

Last Purchase was made 3 October 2013, I got 2 full months then - repair depot. Laptop cost 899USD, Office Professional 2013 Plus (300USD):: ::: Days of use 2 months.

You will think that the system came back working after being to the repair warranty service center. No man same "difference" same problem.

• 1998-2001 - Dell Desktop machines - i think it was inspiron 2400 with LCD we had like 15 of these running a cafe in Grenada, We were the Xtereme Internet Cafe. - DELL WAS THE BEST
  • 2001-2003 - Dell Desktop ( can't remember the model but some Dimension model - CRT) - Loved it.
  • 2004-2006 - Acer something - Loved it. But love my Other 14 Dell machines in office more. All worked well, XP was great. Dell worked great.

Trouble started in 2008 and 2009 

• 2008 - 2009 - Dell - new XPS ( 1 year RIP)  _ I should have move over HP or ACER or elsewhere but ...customer commitment (AKA Stupidity)
  • 2009 - 2011 - Dell - XPS ( 2 years RIP)  (AKA PRIDE)
  • 2011 - 2012 - DELL ( worked well office computer, had to be returned.)
  • 2012 -2013  Dell  -12 Months 6 days RIP - Motherboard - long story short, get more warranty. (ARE YOU AN IDIOT?)

YES I AM - AM GOING TO GET A NEW DELL AGAIN. Everyone will envy me. It has touch screen, Windows 8, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD. Oh I did i mention it only work for 2 months for the price of 899, before shipping and taxes.

Oct 2013 - Dec 2013  New Dell - ( 2 months Dead) ---> US repair ---> March 2014 ---> Ah my Baby ----> Oh my Gosh it does not work ----> Same problem -----> DEAD DELL -----> count your money as lost ------> Let me transfer you ----> Hold on please -------> you are calling the wrong number ------> I will transfer you ------> , Goodbye DELL.

I used to forcefully recommend people, government agency and NGO to buy this product.

459 Posts

March 27th, 2014 10:00

Wow, and I am still using a 2005 Dell with old vista 32bit no problems and is the best running computer in the house.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 27th, 2014 11:00

Hi mychitterman,

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board and bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate anyone who takes the time to provide feedback regarding our products and services.

I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf. Please respond to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Please note: If you have an open case with the executive escalations team, I will not be able to intervene as their authority supersedes that of my department.

Thanks for choosing Dell,

Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 31st, 2014 09:00

Thank you for your reply and for providing some of the requested information. I was able to access your account records which presently does not indicate your current address.

As previously advised, the warranty transfer to the country in which you currently reside needs to be completed in order to receive technical support. Please note that not all warranties transfer equally from one country to another. You will be changing to what is currently available in the new country.

Since I am US based, I am taking the liberty of forwarding your concerns to customer service representatives supporting your area. Someone will contact you as soon as they can.

Thanks for your continued patience in this matter,

Lorna

No Events found!