Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2015 11:00

I keep getting disconnected from dell customer support after 1 hour and 30 seconds...

I submitted a return request online a day after I got my laptop, and after a week or so of waiting, I decided to call dell customer support to ask about my return request status. When I called, a man told me that the return request can't be completed until you call in, and that was never specified on the email that was sent to me about the request... I was on the phone for a long time, but when my call reached the 1 hour mark, my call disconnected. I've tried calling about 5 times now, and my call is disconnected exactly after an hour and 30 seconds. I know it is not because of my phone provider because I called in with my cell phone and the exact same thing happened. Is there a way to get around this?

2.3K Posts

November 27th, 2015 11:00

Try using the order return form here: http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/article/eSupport-Order-Support/order-change-returns

Just fill it out and it should get you all the information you need to return your order, including shipping labels etc., depending on the product being returned. 

12 Posts

November 27th, 2015 12:00

Can I submit a return request twice? All I got was a confirmation email when I first submitted the return request.

Edit: I tried resubmitting it and I definitely have to complete the process over the phone.

12 Posts

I have already tried chatting to resolve the issue, but they can't help me. I even emailed them a few days ago, and I got no response. I wonder how many more hours I'll have to waste until I finally get helped...

2.3K Posts

Hmm.. It could be because it was submitted twice.  If its been more then 48 business hours (not including Thursday), you can try this link: http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/category/Contact-Information/Customer-Support?ref=contactus

Select live chat for US Customers and see if they can do it there?  At least you won't have a phone to your head for an hour, but you might have a long wait time. 

2.3K Posts

November 27th, 2015 13:00

Dell-Lorna or Dell-Robert may be able to help you, however it being the holidays they could be off until Monday.

12 Posts

December 2nd, 2015 06:00

Is there a phone number that connects me directly to the returns department? That would save me and everyone else a lot of time.

No Events found!