Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2012 14:00

Inspiron 660 Desktop, Blue Screens

I cannot believe how bad Dell has become. I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 660 desktop late September and immediately had problems. Power saving options did not work, and lots of blue screen failures! After multiple calls - reinstalling all chipset drives-checking BIOS, removing a Dell data harddrive from my last computer (which I was assured could be reused), doing all the diagnostics possible, letting them test everything, then reinstalling all the windows software causing me to have to redo all my programs - I still get blue screens and the power saving options don't work. I want a replacement or a refund and all I get is another technician from another country who wants to do more diagnostics. They don't know what they are doing. I simply cannot believe after at least 6 Dell systems over the last 15 years - this is how they treat thier consumers who are trying to buy/use their products. I should not have to do hours of maintenance on a new computer. Since it arrived here in September - I have done more troubleshooting on it than anything else. I have a expensive paperweight.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 8th, 2012 03:00

Hi Rich,

Yes, it does sound like you got a lemon. I'm going to move your message to the customer care forum. This is the best place to get some escalated help.

December 10th, 2012 11:00

Dell Customer care - please help - is there no one in the US that I can talk to - 15 loyal Dell consumer, 6 systems, my new Inspiron a Bluescreen lemon, done everything you asked - re installed software - check all hardware - and now being told only solution is to replace mother board and hard-drive at my home and wait around from 9-5 pm until your tech shows up. Do you really want disgruntlement Dell consumers (check you Facebook page) constantly complaining?

No Events found!