Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2013 14:00

International Ownership Transfer issues

Hello,

I've bought my Dell XPS 17 laptop approx a year and a half ago. It had a 1-year warranty and 3-year Parts Only warranty on it. I am currently half-way through my Parts Only warranty which ends in September, 2014. I had no need to use warranty the first year as everything was working perfectly fine but a month ago voltage regulator on my motherboard died and I decided I'd like to use my Parts Only warranty to get a replacement motherboad. And this is when it became problematic.

The problem is that laptop was bought in Lithuania (Europe). From 'Omnitel' retailer which is one of the largest telecommunications provider in Lithuania. When I checked my warranty status online my Service Tag was assigned to Kazakhstan. Prior to that I had no need to use my warranty and had no clue my Service Tag have been assigned incorrectly.

Now, since at the moment I am studing in UK, I'd like for my warranty to be transferred from Kazakhstan to UK. I filled International Service Tag Transfer form two weeks ago (18 days ago to be precise). And still didn't get any response from Dell whatsoever.

My questions are:

1) Will my Service Tag be transferred? How can I speed this process up and/or get updated on what's going on with it?

2) If it is not eligable for international transfer, who should I contact? LIthuanian retailer? Kazakhstan technical support?

The thing is, I've bought a Dell product. Now when I want a replacement part to be shipped to me why does it matter which country I want it to be shipped to? I honestly enjoyed my laptop performance and was planning to upgrade to an another Dell machine after the warranty ends but now I am not sure if I want to do so anymore.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

April 23rd, 2013 05:00

Hi Jevgenij Rodionov,

Request you to provide the system service tag and a copy of invoice via private message. I will check and let you know what needs to be done about the issue.

Also you have mentioned voltage regulator on the motherboard died, do let me know the issue with the computer.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

No Events found!