Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2017 07:00

International warranty of Dell XPS 15 9560

Hi I’m Davee Gong and I ask a friend from USA to buy me a Dell XPS 15 9560 at amazon.com, however the laptop will be brought and will be used here in the Philippines. In case of Warranty Claims, will i still be able to

Claim it here in the Philippines at any Dell Service Center?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 8th, 2017 14:00

International warranty transfer requires the purchase of an upgrade to onsite-service warranty (the basic warranty covers send to depot repairs and cannot be transferred internationally), AND that the model you want to buy be sold in your market.  If you don't see this model being sold, the warranty won't transfer -- any repairs would mean sending the system back to the US for service.

Buying from Amazon itself is fine - they're Dell-authorized.  If you buy from an Amazon storefront (i.e., independent dealer selling through Amazon), be careful -- these can be selling grey-market systems not shipped through  authorized Dell channels -- if you go that route you can be in for a world of hurt when it comes to transferring the warranty.

2 Posts

October 8th, 2017 19:00

Can i get the Dell International warranty if i purchase directly to dell store or dell official website?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 9th, 2017 05:00

If you purchase direct from Dell AND the other two items -- you buy an upgraded onsite warranty AND the system you want is sold in your location, yes.

Otherwise, no.

No Events found!