Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2014 19:00

Is there a direct phone number to a living person at Dell HQ in Texas?

Because FedEx refuses to deliver the PC I ordered and paid for, and neither FedEx nor Dell-India can solve the problem. Thank you.

459 Posts

March 5th, 2014 20:00

And this is to get started:

www.dell.com/.../shipping-and-delivery

459 Posts

March 5th, 2014 20:00

Hi, will this help?

Dell Services Corporate Headquarters

2300 West Plano Parkway

Plano, TX 75075

toll free: +1 888 317 3768

main: +1 972 577 0000

March 5th, 2014 21:00

Thank you.

Tried the links earlier to no avail, then ended up spending over 90 minutes on the phone with both FedEx and Dell-India to try and straighten this out - and they couldn't. Hopefully the phone number(s) that you left will provide better results. May just have to get a refund from Dell (can't call it a return, as it was never received and having serious doubts that it ever will).

March 6th, 2014 08:00

Sorry, rockstar, but but have you actually tried those numbers? I just did. They only lead to yet another voicemail purgatory. I need to talk to someone who can solve this issue, as FedEx and Dell-India are incapable of doing so. Anyone?

March 6th, 2014 09:00

Sorry, but what can you do that 90 minutes on the phone with FedEx and Dell-Customer-Service-Located-In-India couldn't? All I'm asking for is a phone number that will actually allow me to speak with a living person at Dell HQ in Texas who can solve Dell's shipping issues brought on by sending my computer via FedEx. Why is this so difficult?

52 Posts

March 6th, 2014 09:00

Hi needtotalktosomeone,

Apologies for the issues you're having with your delivery. Let me check this for you.

Please send me a private message with the order number. To send a private message, click on my user name and select "start conversation".

Thanks.

VJ

8.8K Posts

March 6th, 2014 11:00

ChrisM is not here today and Lorna is very busy, if there is something I can do for you let me know?

You can use this link to contact Dell if you don't want to call.  They will respond in about two days.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask us?

Z....................

March 6th, 2014 12:00

I did thank him back on 5 Mar 2014 11:16 PM (if you bothered to look) but giving out useless information is worse than giving out no information at all. Now he knows. If someone told me that Dell does not have anyway to be contacted directly over the phone three days ago, then I would have just asked for a refund and gone to another PC maker.

I'm the primary caregiver of an elderly parent who spends a lot of time at doctors' appointments. Having the ability to sit at home all day waiting for a shipment is a luxury I do not have. Day one missed the delivery by a few minutes coming back from one of those appointments, but FedEx does not have same day second delivery. On day two, I was home the entire day the FedEx driver suddenly can't find the house. What? They found it yesterday. I have the "door tag" to prove it. This is the third day of my computer bouncing around on the back of the FedEx truck, and neither Dell nor FedEx can tell me if it will be delivered at all, and I'm not driving 60 miles to pick up something where delivery to my front door was included in the price.

I've now wasted more than 2 hours on the phone with both parties, and still they cant tell me if and when my computer will arrive. This forum was the last resort to try and settle this issue. I assumed it was an official organ of Dell.

This is a realtime issue that needs to dealt with in a realtime manner. Obviously Dell and their chosen carrier FedEx are not up to the task.

So excuse me if I seem a little upset.

8.8K Posts

March 6th, 2014 13:00

No problem, I know you're upset and I know how dealing with an elderly parent can be also. My mom is almost 100... yes 100.

Anyway, FedEx will usually try three times to deliver.  Put a note on your door that you are here and to knock loud if necessary?

FedEx has to have a GPS system in their trucks of some kind.  Can't find your house, I'm not buying that from FedEx.

I don't know what state you're in, but I'm in California and it's 1pm. The latest it can be for you is 4pm.  There still time for a delivery today.  I always seem to be on the end of the route when waiting for something as neat as a new system.

Z............

March 6th, 2014 14:00

Suddenly, Dell-Customer-Service-Located-In-India has no record of someone calling me from 1-800-456-3355 at 3:15 my time and telling me that they were going to try to get a time on when to expect the delivery. This just keeps getting better and better. Oh, and Dell-Customer-Service-Located-In-India: FedEx Ground cuts off deliveries at 6pm, not 8pm.

8.8K Posts

March 6th, 2014 15:00

Are you in India, I figured you were in the states?  What does India deliver times have to do with your computer? I must have missed a meeting.  Is you computer in India or the U.S.?

Z....................

3 Posts

March 16th, 2014 09:00

Just a heads up for you.  I'm pretty sure that DELL will be unable help out with FedEx refusing to re-deliver. Once the item is shipped, then any issues or concerns need to be directed to the shipping company handling your packages. I have had this happen to me a few times in the past actually. You have to contact FedEx directly and schedule a delivery date (Could be the next day if you choose). You can also authorize them to leave it with a trusting neighbor who will have to sign for it. Another alternative is you can ask them where they are located so you can actually drive down to the warehouse and pick it up. Thankfully the warehouse I went to is only 10 minutes away.

8.8K Posts

March 16th, 2014 10:00

I am not a Dell employee. None of us Rockstars work for Dell directly. We are volunteers. But I was asked to work this forum by Dell. It doesn't matter if I work for Dell, I can get you to the person you need 9 times out of 10 to fix your issue.

Z.....

No Events found!