Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 13th, 2018 08:00

Laptop DOA and Dell Exchange

I recently purchased an XPS 15 from the outlet store.  When it arrived, the screen would not turn on.  After speaking with customer support, they determined it was a faulty motherboard and would be exchanged for another unit. I am really confused why when I spoke with someone the first time, they said that a new unit would be sent out the same day and delivered to me within the 2-business days that I had originally paid for.  Now, when I called (two days later) to get an update, this person told me that it would be 8-10 business days to process the exchange and then the new laptop would be sent out.

How is making a customer wait over a week for a replacement good customer service??  After quite a bit of research I decided to switch from Apple after 15 years of using their computers.  This is NOT a good first impression.  I am now without a functioning computer for the next week at the very least according to the person today.  How hard is it to just process a replacement??

2 Posts

April 18th, 2018 07:00

Still waiting on any kind of update from Dell about the exchange.  When I've called over the last few days, no one can give me any information about the process, why it takes so long, and when precisely I will have a new, working laptop.  I've never had to deal with a company who is so unwilling to expedite a process such as this.  I feel like I might just have to return the defective laptop and go with another company if this is what I can expect from Dell.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

April 18th, 2018 08:00

With outlet systems, the inventory varies - best is to call and arrange a refund -- then reorder when you see a suitable system available.  What's available varies from minute to minute - which is why you shouldn't wait for an "exchange" -- it's likely impossible to exchange for another outlet system.

3 Posts

February 17th, 2020 00:00

Read the agreement carefully. It contains an arbitration clause, limits your right to seek relief in a court of law, and other important information about your rights and obligations.

No Events found!