Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2016 14:00

Laptop ordering nightmare and possible fraud from Dell employees

I ordered a Dell laptop through the Dell telephone sales system. The next morning, I missed calls from Dell. I tried to call back my sales rep an hour later and he said there was no problem with my order. As I wanted to get the laptop as soon as possible, I didn't want to take any chances and I called the order status number to check. Sure enough, my order was cancelled due to payment processing.

I was transferred to payment processing, and the staff told me they cannot do anything now that the order is cancelled and I have to place the order again. They said my credit card could be verified and processed. I cannot get an answer as to why they cannot wait till they reach me to verify my info before they cancelled my order.

I called the sales rep who handled my purchase again and told him my order was cancelled. He took down my info again and told me I have to get back to the verifications department to verify my info. After transferring to verifications, they said they cannot verifiy anything now that my order is cancelled and that I have to place it through again with the sales rep. I got back to my sales rep and told him about this. He said he would place the order and told me to get back to verifications. I transferred again to verifications, who told me the order is still not placed and I have to get back to my sales rep, who is off work by this time.

The same evening, my credit card company (same credit card I used to purchase from Dell) called me to ask about suspicious transactions. It was obviously they were fraudulent transactions that occurred in another state. Purchasing from Dell was the first time I have used this credit card this year, so I believe it is highly likely someone at Dell abused my credit card info.

At the same time, the laptop purchase was actually charged to my credit card as well. If my order was cancelled as the payment processing department cannot process my credit card, then why was it charged?

I tried calling the processing department again, which transferred me to the fraud department, which didn't answer after 30 minutes of wait time. I tried again, and no answer.

Including all the wait time and phone calls, I have spent at least 6 hours over the last 2 days trying to solve this issue with Dell. I do not think I will purchase anything from Dell for my whole life and would not recommend it for others. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 14th, 2016 14:00

Hi Martin, 

Thank you for contacting me regarding the cancellation of  your order. Please excuse the delay in responding to your concerns. 

I accessed your account records with the information you provided and I was able to see the order had been cancelled. However, there are no records of a payment applied to this order. I did see a note documenting an incoming call regarding the order, and the Dell representative provided you with the Credit Card Order Processing  (CCOP) number, 1-800-571-3355. If the CCOP representatives are unable to provide you with any information regarding the bank charge, you can also dispute the charges with your bank. 

I trust this information is helpful,

Lorna

No Events found!