Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 14th, 2018 19:00

My laptop's service tag is not recognized in Dell support site

I received my XPS 9360 a week ago, but Dell support site does not recognize its service tag. Is that normal? What should I do?

55 Posts

March 15th, 2018 01:00

Maybe you changed up some characters, for example "L" and "l" or "i"/"I".

Otherwise you can contact Dell Support, maybe they can help you.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

March 15th, 2018 10:00

Sometimes it takes a few days for Dell to register new service tags with their website. Try again in a couple of days.

7 Posts

May 11th, 2019 07:00

The problem there is that almost everything on the site including online support requires the service tag BEFORE you can do anything

Its a bit like telling someone to email their ISP because their internet isn't working or to call their phone provider to find out why their phone line isn't working lol

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 13th, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Was the system purchased directly from Dell or from a retailer?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.         

How to locate the service tag

June 21st, 2019 08:00

Same issue: Service Tag not recognized. Purchased earlier this month from Dell Exclusive Store. The store guys are only giving lip service. Kindly resolve.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 21st, 2019 09:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to investigate this & assist you further.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

1 Message

August 24th, 2019 20:00

I'm having the same problem.

The Dell support page says my service tag and my Express Service tag does not exist.

This happens when I'm logged into my Dell Account.

The utility that is automatically supposed to automatically detect the service tag does not work either.

Every time I switch to a different Dell support page, I;m logged out of my account and need to log back in..

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 30th, 2019 05:00

Thank you for your message. Was the system purchased directly from Dell or from a retailer?

What is the system model in question here?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag/ express service code, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2019 08:00

We haven’t heard from you since the previous response. Feel free to reach out for any assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 14th, 2021 07:00

I have the same issue I only wanted to know what active pen I can purchase for my new 2in1, but they cannot help me without the service tag. 

No Events found!