Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2017 02:00

Need Help - How do I escalate my customer issues to a Dell Manager?

I own a company, and purchased a Dell XPS 15 (i7) on April 3, 2016.

The hard drive failed in late August 2016, and I was instructed to send the laptop to the Dell Depot.  Long story short, they lost my laptop - and sent me a refurbished machine.  In hindsight, I should have demanded a refund instead of allowing me to send me a refurbished machine since it was their error.

3 months later, the Dell lap top stops working again - and I send to Dell Depot again.   This time they say the motherboard, the RAM and the SSD are defective but that it was due to a spill and it would cost $469.  I tried repeatedly to contact them by phone - finally agreed to just pay for the $469 repair because they held my lap top "hostage".   But, they did not have the parts to repair this brand new computer and told me that I should check back in a month.

So, they shipped my laptop back and my laptop is sitting in a box now that they returned it - and I am trying to figure out my options.

Yesterday, I tried to call Dell support and escalate to a manager.  I was repeatedly lied to in regards to a manager would call me back.  When I asked for Dell ID numbers for the people I was talking to, they refused to provide me their Identification code.

When I called a local repair shop, they starting laughing about Dell and advised me to just start over - and buy a new lap top from a different company.

When I look online I see reviews of 0 star and 1 star for Dell repairs.

I am now posting to this board to figure out what my options are.  I have a $2000 lap top that is less than 1 year old - and it is literally sitting in a box.

Is there anyone I can escalate this to?

If so, how - and in what manner can I contact them.

6 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 17:00

I have a similar situation. I have an XPS27 that has had two new hard drives and a new solid state drive since last April (It was purchased in August 2015). After having nothing but problems with an XPS12  I purchased a year earlier, I paid for the best and longest warranties that they offer with "on-site" repair on the XPS27.

The computer has not worked right since April, 2016 but I have gotten good phone service via India at first. Now that I am demanding computer replacement since they can't make it right, they ignore all service phone call appointments. I've asked for a supervisor to call to arrange for the delivery of a new computer per my warranty, and they respond by email that they will call me and then don't.

Dell should abandon their India support staff and use American support for their US customers. There should be a local number for US contacts.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2017 22:00

Add my name to the list of Dell customers who are very disappointed with Dell Tech Support.  Upon setting up my new Dell  machine (Inspiron i3455-10041) I experienced very slow starting and app loading.  I contacted Dell Tech Support and was informed I would have to purchase a contract which covers s/w issues at a cost of more than $200. US.  Feeling I had no alternative way to get the machine running correctly I purchased said coverage.  After contacting this "Super" Tech Support twice my machine response times have not improved.  "Super" tech support always leaves me with the machine in the process of being ready to run with an agreement to call me back the next day at a scheduled time to check on the impact of the corrections.  When I get called back it is by a machine which immediately puts me on hold.  After 10 minutes on hold, the first time, I hung up.  "Super" Tech Support talks a great deal but does nothing to make the machine run adequately and they do not call me back at agreed times -- I don't count having a machine call me and automatically putting me on hold for 10 minutes as calling me back.  I am paying a premium for this service.  "Super" Tech Support should be on hold awaiting me!  Does Dell really think of this as good Tech Support? 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 26th, 2017 07:00

Greetings semilo,

Thank you for reaching out and elaborating the issue details. We regret the overall experience. This is not the way we want our customers to go through. Please private message the service tag, registered name on the account and your email address. We’ll review the case history and see what best can be done.

You could send us a private message by hovering the mouse pointer over my username, and adding me as friend.

Dell- Sahana R

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

January 26th, 2017 09:00

Greetings fdouglas,

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that. This is not the kind of support Dell is known for. Please private message the order number, registered name on the account and your email address. We’ll review the case history and see what best can be done.

You could send us a private message by hovering the mouse pointer over my username, and adding me as friend.

Dell- Sahana R

Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

2 Posts

January 26th, 2017 11:00

Have no idea what you mean by You could send us a private message by hovering the mouse pointer over my username, and adding me as friend.  In short, don't know how to make you a friend.

The express code: 

Tag: 

Tech: Swetha

6 Posts

January 26th, 2017 16:00

Again I am waiting for a supervisor to call tonight. Last night they called, let it ring twice and hung up just as I was answering the phone. I will post if and when I get the phone call from a "supervisor" tonight (now 45 minutes overdue).

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

January 29th, 2017 09:00

Greetings fdouglas,

You can add me as a friend by clicking my username and clicking on "Add as a friend". As per our records, I notice that our technical support team had made arrangements to collect the laptop to depot to diagnose the issue further. However as you have mentioned that you would not be able to send the laptop as of now, our technical support team has sent an email checking if they may proceed closing the case for now. Please respond to their email and reach out to us via private message for any assistance. 

6 Posts

January 29th, 2017 09:00

Sahana - I was told they did not have the parts to repair the laptop.  If they have the parts, I would like to send it to repair it.  

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

January 30th, 2017 09:00

Greetings semilo,

Please private message the registered name on the account for verification purpose. We'll review the history and check for the available options. 

6 Posts

January 30th, 2017 10:00

I have sent private messages 3 different times, and still no response.

6 Posts

January 30th, 2017 10:00

It is great that Dell monitors these boards, and makes statements to send them private messages.  But, when you do send them a private message - I would expect them to respond back.

6 Posts

January 31st, 2017 01:00

18 hours later, and 3 private messages to Dell officials over the past 5 days - and still no response.

Does anyone know of a phone # or way to get US based Dell officials ?

6 Posts

January 31st, 2017 18:00

Give it a little time. In the past when I have contacted support staff through this forum, it could take 3-5 days for a response. If you keep messaging them, you'll just drive them crazy and they won't want to help. Be patient and polite.

6 Posts

February 7th, 2017 06:00

It has been 1 week and no response from anyone at Dell even though I sent "private message" to two people at Dell as they requested. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get a deal supervisor on the phone?

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

February 8th, 2017 08:00

Greetings Steve,
We regret the inconvenience.I did not have access to your private messages due to technical error. I reviewed the entire case history and see that you were given a quote to replace multiple parts. However, the technician found that the harddrive was not in stock with no ETA. Hence, you were asked to contact the local technician. Please contact our out of warranty team at 1-800-288-4410 to check for the part availability. If they do not have an ETA yet, I'm afraid you will have to contact a local technician for further assistance.

No Events found!