Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2017 09:00

ORDER TAKING TOO LONG........UPSETTING

I rescently ordered an XPS 13 with barely any customization and it took almost a week to complete the order plus even with expedited service it will take another week to receive it. I purchased this laptop for the great reviews and some discounts I was able to get. But, with such long waits and service I will think again twice before making another purchase from Dell. It is not only creating great products, it is also creating great experiences. Is this the norm?

2.3K Posts

March 31st, 2017 17:00

Hello!  Dell does what is called 'just in time' manufacturing.  Basically you place the order and then they build your unit (customized or not).  Once it is done, they ship the unit to the warehouse where its then readied and shipped to you.  Rarely will they have units sitting in a warehouse to be sold.  Generally to get to Dell's warehouse, it takes about a week or so.  If there was any specials or deals there was probably an influx of orders which may have caused a delay or two.  

EDIT: Your selected shipping method (next day air, 2nd day air) doesn't go into effect until it leaves the Dell warehouse. 

3 Posts

March 31st, 2017 19:00

Thank you for the response. If that is the case, customers should be made aware of your JIT process to avoid misunderstandings or wrong expectations. That will put many at ease in the process. In addition, my expedited shipment states that i will get it April the 4th when it aready has been shipped. I look forward to a good experience with the product once it arrives, but unfortunately i have already seen many reviews on line similar to my current issue.  

2 Posts

April 1st, 2017 16:00

Same issue :( what does the customer care say?

No Events found!