Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2014 06:00

Pilot as a delivery company

I am waiting to hear back from Pilot Freight Services and what they call a "Dock Check" to find out the location of a Vizio 70" TV I ordered.  Dell's estimated delivery date was 5/16, and Pilot's estimated delivery date was 5/19.

It is now 5/21.  The TV was shipped from the Dallas/Fort Worth warehouse to the Houston warehouse for local delivery.  It was picked up on 5/13. 

Called the Pilot Customer Service and while they give the appearance of trying to be helpful, they really weren't. Unable to tell me where the package is.  In this day and age of computers, scanners, and tracking systems it should be simple to track a package from pickup to delivery.  Pilot does not appear to be working in this day and age.

I will definitely inspect the TV and ensure it is functional before I sign anything the driver tries to give me.  I fear that it will be damaged upon receipt and will have to file a claim and return.

So disppointed, in the past Dell has provided really good delivery. 

I shall, however I think that Dell should consider contracting a different freight company.  I did a search of complaints about Pilot and find that this is not an isolated incident.  If Dell wants to keep me as a customer and would like me to say positive things about their company they may want to consider dropping Pilot.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

We Liaisons cannot change this Dell partner. Post your opinion on IdeaStorm.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

Let them know via the Pilot Freight Services "Customer Feedback" form.

No Events found!