Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

January 25th, 2019 17:00

Proof of Purcahse - Ownership Transfer

I have a Dell laptop which I purchased from Currys PC World in Basingstoke, England. It is now out of warranty. I am currently living in Brazil. The laptop will not start up, and the prestart up diagnostics indicate that the SSD has failed. I have contacted Dell technical support in Brazil, and they have provided me with a quotation for the replacement of the SSD and to return my laptop to working order. I have accepted the quotation. However, Dell have declined to action the repair, as the laptop is apparently not registered to me. Dell indicated that I needed to request a transfer of ownership, which requires that I provide data about the "Previous Owner", which Dell suggested was the company from which I purchased the laptop. I consulted the Proof of Purchase documents I hold, and completed the Previous Owner details with PC World Business. The transfer was denied, with the message "Unable to transfer tag at this time. The Proof of Purchase provided does not match our records. Please contact customer care for further assistance". Thinking that the owners of PC World Business, DSG Retail Ltd, might be the correct "Previous Owner", I submitted the transfer request again, with DSG Retail Ltd as "Previous Owner". This transfer too was denied, this time with the message "The previous owner information does not match our records. Please submit an updated request with the correct previous owner information."

Do these messages hold any clue as to the correct "Previous Owner" of my laptop? Is there any mechanism by which I can submit my Proof of Purchase documents directly to Dell, so that the ownership transfer step can be negotiated successfully, and my laptop repaired? Without a repair, my laptop is useless.

No Responses!
No Events found!