Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 11th, 2012 12:00

Purchasing from Dell online.

Been trying ot purchase from your sales site, when going to the checkout, my billing and shipping addresses are refused, all I receive is the following:

"Standardized addresses help to ensure the most efficient delivery of your order. We did not find a standardized address that matches the one you entered. Please choose from the list of standardized addresses below"

We have a PO Box [this is also used as the billing address] for our mail, as the USPS does not make any deliveries to our rural street address, therefore we have to give vendors, including Dell, that do not deliver to a PO Box, both the mailing and the physical street addresses for their shipments and for billing purposes

Both addresses are listed in my profile and up to this time, I have never had any issues with this.

I have tried changing the information in my profile and this makes no difference.

Obviously the street address would not be recognized as the mailing address and vise versa.

This would seem to be an excellent way to loose sales!

Bev.

240 Posts

November 15th, 2012 05:00

Hi shesagordie,

I am sorry for all the inconvenience you had while placing the order online.

The reason for the error message is the shipping and the billing address is not valid.

DELL will not accept PO BOX address for delivery. I would recommend you to provide your physical address for the order to be placed.

IF still you are facing an issue, I would recommend you to use a different address either family or friends to place the order.

Please do get back to us for any further assistance.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 15th, 2012 08:00

Hi shesagordie,

I am sorry for all the inconvenience you had while placing the order online.

The reason for the error message is the shipping and the billing address is not valid.

DELL will not accept PO BOX address for delivery. I would recommend you to provide your physical address for the order to be placed.

IF still you are facing an issue, I would recommend you to use a different address either family or friends to place the order.

DELL-NIKHIL M

Have you read my post!

I've known for years that Dell cannot use a PO Box for deliveries and I have already provided my physical address for deliveries.

In my profile, I've listed both my mailing/billing and physical addresss, both these have been used by Dell for 11+ years without any issues, now they are being rejected, as clearly noted in my first post.

FYI, both my billing and physical addresses, MUST match the addresses on file with the credit cards holders, to validate the cards when used for online purchases, otherwise it can and will be rejected.

Regards to the suggestion " I would recommend you to use a different address either family or friends to place the order".

While I have lived in Texas for 34+ years, all my family reside in New England, Maryland and Europe and I will not even comment on the suggestion of using friends addresses.

In other words, what Dell has done, is disenfranchised me from purchasing from their company!

Bev.

240 Posts

November 15th, 2012 09:00

Hi shesagordie,

Since there is an issue online for placing an order, I would recommend you to contact are sales team and they will help you in processing the order and they would also let you know about special pricing and promotion available.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 15th, 2012 09:00

Hi shesagordie,

Since there is an issue online for placing an order, I would recommend you to contact are sales team and they will help you in processing the order and they would also let you know about special pricing and promotion available.

DELL-NIKHIL M

And how will that, address the issues I have posted about, surely the same issues will arise with Dell's sales team, plus I prefer to using the online sales option, so I can make hardcopies of purchasing [eg Cart and Checkout] details, in case there any problems with the purchase, same as I have had with Dell in the past.

Regards to 'special pricing and promotion available', I'm perfectly capable of finding these online myself.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 15th, 2012 13:00

Have sent the info, you requested.

Bev.

(edited)

1 Message

April 30th, 2017 11:00

Funny enough, this is STILL a problem - 5 YEARS later.

I've reported it to them and they still refuse to accept at PO Box for billing (which is still common).

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 30th, 2017 17:00

Funny enough, this is STILL a problem - 5 YEARS later.

I've reported it to them and they still refuse to accept at PO Box for billing (which is still common).

atroutcatcher

Since my post here, Dell has been accepting my PO box address for both billing and mailing without any questions and I've had no further issues with Dell about this subject.

Bev.

1 Message

August 10th, 2017 09:00

I am having this same issue. I need the PO Box and was just told today 8/10/2017 that it is not "configured to accept a PO Box" for the billing address. This makes no sense to me that a billing address can't be a PO BOX in 2017. Over two hours on the phone between yesterday and today to have someone tell me this...can hardly understand your support team who do not appear to be located in the USA, they repeat the same thing over and over and do not understand the issue...very frustrated with Dell. Not sure I want to continue using them as I have over the last two years... Diane

November 7th, 2018 06:00

The checks on the contents of the address box could be easily written to distinguish between the two, but clearly they're incapable of this. Is it a reflection on the technical competence of the company? Yes. And you can't have an address greater than 32 characters. Sorry folks, but you'll have to move if that's your actual address.

(edited)

November 29th, 2019 20:00

I had this problem Nov 2019 - I used a random street address/number with my proper city, territory, postal code and then it said to use the phone number on file with your credit card for validation. Once I went through the payment screen, entered my credit card info it then took me to a validation screen that asked for my date of birth and phone number. So I guess matching the billing address to the credit card is not necessary for dell because they use a different method of verification. Hope that helps other people how are stressing out like I was trying to get my order in!

No Events found!