Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2016 06:00

Tag number does not match invoice

Ordered and received a bunch of new machines but one has a tag number that was not on any of the invoices and one invoice has a tag number that is not on any of the machines.

Curiously one system did not have the packing slip sticker on the box either.

This does not really impact me as I can always use a tag number from any of the many identical systems for warranty service, but I feel bad for the guy that got my invoiced tag number on his system.   If he only has one machine and calls for support they will blow him off saying the system is not registered to him.

I do not dare waste my time with chat or telephone support who are not capable of doing anything off script so I ask Dell employees that may be here if they have suggestions on how to help the other customer.    

Please do not reply if you do not work for Dell.  

Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2016 13:00

Hello!  FYI, the forum moderators will not be back until January 3rd, 2017. 

135 Posts

December 23rd, 2016 14:00

Thanks.

But oddly forum moderators did respond to another thread and even went ahead and edited my post without notice... so they do seem to be selectively active.

But as I said this is about helping the poor sap that got my system with the tag number that is on my invoice.  He won't be able to get support or return it without a fight.  I can just use one of the other dozen numbers from identical systems for warranty service on the unit they sent me with the wrong tag number.

Happy holidays.

135 Posts

January 2nd, 2017 09:00

Once again Dell shows it does not care about correcting their mistakes.

Feel sorry for the person that got the system with the tag number that was on our receipt as they can not get support from Dell.  I marked the system received with a tag number that did not match our invoice so we could get service in the future or to use one of the other dozen numbers from the same order.

78 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 06:00

Once again Dell shows it does not care about correcting their mistakes.

Feel sorry for the person that got the system with the tag number that was on our receipt as they can not get support from Dell.  I marked the system received with a tag number that did not match our invoice so we could get service in the future or to use one of the other dozen numbers from the same order.

At least you tried to do the right thing.  Sadly, the same cannot be said of Dell.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2017 06:00

Hi cathaleen,

Thanks for posting.

This matter can be handled easily by your Technical Account Representative.  Your company has a TAM assigned to them (they're the one that placed your order).  Thanks.

135 Posts

January 3rd, 2017 15:00

Thank you for your reply.

The order was placed online.  We do not have any dedicated salesperson. 

At this point I give up.  As I said, this does not impact me as I will just avoid using the tag number that does not appear on my invoice since I have a dozen others to us instead.  I just felt sorry for the sap that got my tag number instead of his own and probably will not notice until he needs service and he will  be left scratching his head as to why they tell him to get lost.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 4th, 2017 04:00

cathaleen,

If you would like me to look into this, please contact me privately and include your order information.  Thanks.

No Events found!