Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 11th, 2014 07:00

UK, Syncreon tracking is worthless, why even bother?

I ordered 5 XPS18s from Dell and was told an ETA of on or before 14 August. This was fine, but I was then told 'Order Shipped!' on Thursday 7th, ETA 8th August - great!

I waited on Friday 8th for the machines and approaching 12:00noon (the deadline) the TRACKING INFO CHANGED AND ETA CHANGED TO MONDAY 11TH. With 13 MINUTES TO DEADLINE. ANNOYED.

Anyway I phoned Walsh Western to express my annoyance to be told 'oh this always happens, perfectly normal'. After asking 'what is the point in even having tracking if you change it anyway all the time' I progressed to asking 'so Monday DEFINITELY THEN?' I got the answer 'yes, it will definitely be Monday'

Monday comes. 12 midday comes....and GOES. Tracking checked: ETA 12 AUG, TUESDAY!!!  Now I'm LIVID. My customer was told they would be here Friday according to the tracking info given. I've had to backtrack TWICE and still I have no machines and look like an idiot. Oh and Walsh Western said they haven't even received an order from Dell yet to send this out. BUT I'M TRACKING IT. AHEM WHAT?

Also, I paid upfront for these machines. The money didn't come out at all at first, I only got 2/5 order confirmations through initially. it looked like I bought 2 machines, not 5. I nearly bought them twice to make sure. Finally all the money came out but still showed on my account. Then out of the blue on Friday I get refunded the full amount?

Now I'm thinking am I even GETTING the machines? I have 2.5k sitting there, do I buy some other machines? Eventually Saturday the money comes out, but not before giving my bank a chance to sabotage the order. This is not on. I am really bloody angry now and still have no machines. It's still before the Dell original deadline but I feel had all of this info been withheld I would still be a happy customer.

What's actually happened is Dell have given me tracking info that is useless to the customer and has exposed the whole process as a shambles. So the question I ask, is why even bother providing this info? If you didn't, you would have a lot less complaints. My second question is: WHY TAKE THE MONEY, GIVE IT BACK THEN TAKE IT AGAIN? Nobody else does. The amount of customers that must have been sabotaged by the bank by doing this only for you to then cancel shipping altogether MUST have lost you thousands of orders. Get your house in order Dell. It's an absolute joke.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 11th, 2014 14:00

Hi johnlewisdesign, 

Thank you for posting your concerns regarding Syncreon tracking. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you and your client may have experienced while waiting for your order. 

I am US based and do not have any visibility into your UK account records. Without having any specific order information, I can only give a response from a US rather than a UK perspective. 

Ordinarily, after placing an order, you will receive an email confirmation. The Estimated Ship date (ESD) and the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) are estimates only and subject to change based upon availability and cannot be guaranteed. The ESD is the date the order ships from the factory. It may be several days before it arrives at the carriers facility for the ESD to your address.

Dell does not charge your bank account until the shipping/invoice date. When the order is initially placed, your bank "holds" that amount aside in anticipation of Dell eventually charging your account when the system eventually ships. Dell only charges your bank credit card once the order actually ships. (The ship date is also the date the warranty begins).

If you still need assistance, please reply to my email and provide the requested information. I can forward your concerns to customer service representatives supporting the UK.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!