Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 13:00

UK tracking Walsh Western useless

Yes there are other posts about this and yes this is the USA forum and my issue is in the UK but it is clear that this has gone on for years. So may be if we make enough fuss about it, something will happen. Ordered last week a Dell XPS 13. Order has gone through fine and is shown as shipped. But as many others have reported the tracking link in the Dell web site fails. It is in the form

javascript:ShowCarrierSite('wwxcom08.walshwestern.com/.../dell5.w;Order_No=0XXXXXXXX');void(0);

But this goes to a syncreon site which does not know about the order. There are various posts suggesting reformatting the numbers and perhaps going to the company doing the end delivery - possibly UKMail but who knows. Either way it does not work. So there are two possibilities:

1. Technically it isn't possible to get this right. If so, then Dell should just suppress it for UK orders and put a message up acknowledging that UK orders cannot be tracked; or
2. Technically it is possible but after all these years Dell Europe have still not got it sorted

I do not want to have to phone customer service to sort this out. Other suppliers have web sites which links which give tracking information so why not Dell. I love the laptops and have purchased many over the years, but this experience is terrible. It creates unhappy customers from good products. Perhaps a mass twitter campaign by myself shaming Dell might sort this out.

Michael Dell please read this and engage with your staff to sort it out.

Paul

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 6th, 2015 13:00

This was discussed in the Wiki which explained your options.

2 Posts

May 7th, 2015 00:00

Hi Chris

Thanks for this. I had looked at the Wiki which says phone customer service. But this takes time, costs Dell money as well.

If this is what we have to do why not get rid of the tracking link and admit that Dell, unlike most other providers with these sorts of tracks shipping perfectly. A portal with links which do not work is I am afraid just amateur. It has been pointed out for years and yet no action seems to have been taken.

Paul

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 7th, 2015 06:00

Thanks for your thoughts.

No Events found!