Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2016 03:00

Why Dell refuse to help me?

Hi, if anyone here may assist me, so this post is blessed. 

I bought XPS 15 9 months ago for my wife from USA.

Once I got it, i tried to turn it on and the computer just didn't turn on. after contacting dell in Israel, I was told that a tech guy will contact me and will come over my place to fix the computer.

well, 3 of them came, 3 of them failed. I was told that I should get a new computer instead of what I bought and I have to call dell international for that. 

I called dell international and I was told that I have an approval for a swap. (if anyone from dell will ever read this, this is the approval code: 130318212200, Service tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>)

it's been over 8 months since I purchased my computer and still I haven't got the swap. I am stuck with a non working computer that is gathering dust and money I spent on a computer that just doesn't work... 

My question to you guys is very simple, why dell refuse to provide service on their product? are they waiting for my warranty to expire ? anyone really care about such issues of customer or it's all about selling products and less caring about how the products really are after the costumer got it?

Really hope this post will get to someone in dell international and someone will actually help me beside saying "I'm sorry, there is not much I can do for you, you'll have to wait for a long time"

May god bless you, hope you will never have the same experience I had with dell. Great products (if they work) - poor customer care.

Best, 

Lidan

9.4K Posts

June 8th, 2016 08:00

Hi Lidan,

Thanks for posting in the USA Care Forum.

Unfortunately one of the problems with purchasing a product in the USA and exporting it outside the country is that it violates the terms of the purchase agreement

It does appear that they were able to set up service calls for you, however an exchange would eventually be sent to the original address in the USA, then would be your responsibility to have it shipped to your country.  The terms of the international warranty service can be found here.

Hopefully this information is helpful.

Regards,
Robert

3 Posts

June 8th, 2016 08:00

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your quick respond.

As I understand from you, I am eligible for a new computer but since I am not located in the USA at the moment, this computer cannot be shipped to me.

I see is as XX stages,

1. Send the computer to USA: As a solution, should I send you the computer via Dell Israel to your location in the USA (if yes, what is the address? who should I contact to start this process?)

2. You get the computer in your location, how can I confirm this the computer was received by you?

3. you send the computer to a US address I'll provide you and from there it will be shipped to me

If this is the process, please let me know more in details how it should be done. if not, what you suggest me to do? obviously is not a $100 computer and I am interested in getting this issue solved and get my XPS working...

Please help.

Thanks,

Lidan 

9.4K Posts

June 10th, 2016 07:00

Hi Lidan121,

Your understanding of what I said is incorrect.

If Dell Tech Support in Israel has indeed offered you a replacement computer, then they will send a box along with instructions and a mailing label to return the defective one.  Just be sure to note the tracking number on the label, so you will know where the package is.

Please follow the procedures outlined by the technicians you spoke to for getting your XPS working again.

Thanks.

-Robert

3 Posts

June 13th, 2016 04:00

Thank you Robert,

I just spoke again with Dell Israel and I was told the truth for the first time.. they are not willing to help me and they just said - deal with it yourself.. fly to the states and replace the computer.. 

I guess I'll have to do it myself as no one really want to help out with a non working product of Dell.

If you could please tell me where i can find a list of places I can come and replace the computer in Brooklyn NY and what I need to provide you beside the computer for the swap.

Thanks,

Lidan

9.4K Posts

June 13th, 2016 08:00

Lidan,

Please contact Tech Support and follow their instructions for repair or replacement of your computer.  If you do not have a box to return the computer, then one can be sent to you.  Tech Support can give you the address of where to mail it to here in the USA. Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!