Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2015 13:00

Worst customer service experience

I have been a loyal dell customer for years. This came to an end today

I had a problem with my new laptop (a really expensive one) hinge last year and sent it to the service Depot. However, due to unavailability of parts, the laptop was replaced (replacement took 2 months to complete)

The new unit had the same issue: the same right hinge was broken again. I sent it to service Depot. This time the technicians said that it is "accidental damage" and that I have to pay to get it fixed (although it was same  problem I encountered last year). This didn't make any sense to me. I never dropped the laptop and it looks almost brand new. There aren't any dings or scuffs on either the LCD screen (which would be the first thing to break if I accidentally dropped the laptop) or the LCD cover lid. All the damage to the LCD assembly is internal.I didn't want to waste time arguing with them, so I paid almost 400 dollars and made a complaint. 

A CSR contacted me to discuss my complaint. When I argued that the hinge issue can not be an accidental damage,  he told me that the hinge issue is actually normal wear and tear (and not accidental damage as I was told by the technicians), and that normal wear and tear is not covered by warranty. When I asked him if it is "normal" that 2 laptop hinges (from same model) fail within a single year, his only answer that "normal wear and tear is not covered by warranty". When I suggested that the laptop was replaced earlier due to same issue, his answer was "I am not holding you from contacting the other CSR who handled your case previously"

Today, he called me again to tell me that the parts are not available, and that they are shipping the laptop back to me unfixed, then he almost hung phone on my face. 

Dell, you should honor your warranty. The kind of treatment I received was very unprofessional and disgusting

9.4K Posts

October 5th, 2015 08:00

Hi MNOZAHY,

Thanks for posting on the Forum.

I'm assisting you privately and will be sending a response.  

In short, there are different rules for different countries, and since you're located outside the USA, I do not have access to your account.  

However, the CSR you spoke to is correct, hinges are considred normal wear and tear items and are not covered by warranty.  The warranty can be found here.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!