Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2013 09:00

Wrong Item Sent, Hung up on by Customer Care

My father ordered an XPS 12 Ultrabook for my Christmas present this year. Upon looking through the specs, I noticed it only had 4 gigs of RAM. My father informed me he had ordered this exact model but with 8 Gigs of RAM. Since Dell was closed yesterday for the holiday, and rightfully so, we called them this morning at 10am. We sat on hold for an hour before we got someone on the phone that wanted to just credit us $60 and reorder the RAM to put in ourselves. The XPS 12 is not a normal laptop that you can just pop open and place some extra RAM into, so we asked to be transferred to someone else, who then told us we could either have someone come to the house and put the proper RAM in, or do an exchange for the proper system. Agreeing that these options were the correct answer for the issue we are having, they then had us transferred to another representative. Upon being transferred two more times, the system disconnected on us, and we are now sitting at 2 and a half hours on the phone to simply receive the item we purchased in the first place. Is there any way we can expedite this process and not get hung up on again after 2 hours of waiting to talk to someone?

8.8K Posts

valeriemp

I would use their chat and fill out this form also.  

You can also use this form to expedite the issue.

Zb1

3 Posts

The chat would be where we started before they sent us to the customer care line on the phone. I filled out the form, but I don't see that as getting anything done considering they never gave us any reference number before they disconnected us.

3 Posts

December 26th, 2013 10:00

The issue is that the employees who are supposed to be doing the exchange are not being attentive enough to do so.

8.8K Posts

keep in mind I don't work for Dell.

Use their Twitter name also to get their attention, Dell Cares.

Z..............

8.8K Posts

Fill out what you can, or don't... your call?

No Events found!