Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2016 15:00

Wrong computer shipped - Dell refuses to honor original coupon

I am trying to get Dell to honor this coupon: So far I have spent 6 hours on the phone.

Ends Tonight! Dell XPS Tower 8910 Intel Core i7-6700 Quad-Core Upgradeable Desktop (Fits a Full Size 225w Video Card)
$699.99 + Free Shipping

9.4K Posts

December 9th, 2016 04:00

Hi rubberbarron,

Thanks for posting.

Not sure where you obtained that coupon.  I've checked Dell's sales and did not see it on our website.  If the promotion has expired, then it is no longer available.  It is possible that the model as specified for the price quoted in the coupon is no longer available due to limited quantities or expiration date, so unfortunately they would be unable to honor that coupon any longer.  

The terms of the offer if it's on the Dell website are explained in the promotion. We can not be responsible for other party's websites.

December 9th, 2016 06:00

Robert-P,

I am attaching the coupon from PCMAG.COM. I ordered the computer from

Sales rep:
Mohammad Saffiulla
Mohammad_Saffiulla@Dell.com
(800) 456-3355
Ext: 4161458

DPID:
Total:

$742.00

When I saw the purchase order he has switched to a dell 8910 to a 8900 without telling me. I immediately called "Mohammad" back, and he said he would correct the order and send a new PO in 30 minutes. iI confirmed this in an email. That is the last time I heard from him and he has not returned my 3 messages.

I called customer service, ("Rahila Seroze") ("Evan Noel")and she offered me a $45 credit. The website price is $250 more than the $699.99 that was advertised.

Is it realy too much to as that Dell sell me the exact product that was advertised at the price that was advertised, without the bait and switch routine?

Ends Tonight! Dell XPS Tower 8910 Intel Core i7-6700 Quad-Core Upgradeable Desktop (Fits a Full Size 225w Video Card)
$699.99 + Free Shipping
$899.99  Save: $200.00 (22%)
Coupon: 50OFF699

FYI: I have already sent this info to the Farifax County Consumer Protection agency and they will be contacting Dell directly. Please give me the mailing address of Dell Customer Care for the lawyers.

Thanks.

2.3K Posts

December 10th, 2016 10:00

The biggest problem i've seen is when the coupon expires, no one who takes and processes orders can override an order to include a coupon that no longer exists.  As for your other issue, you agreed to manditory arbitration when you purchased the unit so i'm not sure legal will be able to help you.  I'd try Unresolved Issues here first. 

44 Posts

December 10th, 2016 11:00

I am having same issue as they shipped Alienware 17R4 with GTX 1060 instead of GTX 1070. I called them and Dell put another order for me with $0.00 charges since it is a replacement. I am still holding the current laptop just in case the correct order item doesn't  arrived. I heard horror story that some customers shipped back the incorrect items to Dell but they never received the replacement nor the money being

credited back. Some cases are they reorderes for same items as were instructed but DELL doesnt want to honor the discounted price. It is a bait and switch by getting customers to order with lower price, sent the incorrect items, exchange the products but charging extras for items no longer within the promotion period. I asked the rep if they are going to penalized me by taking away my rebate credits (double) since I am getting another one and for now she said no but I lost trust with Dell. I bought Dell Inspiron 8200 and E1705 and Desktop 530 (cannot remember the model) in the past. 8200 is in the storeroom and e1705 given to my sister and both are still good. The desktop motherboard is dead though. Other than that I also built my own desktops and owned several laptops from other companies. I just want to let Dell know that they are not the only company out there. Please respect your customer and this customer Robert.

No Events found!