Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2013 14:00

my xps 15 is a joke and im very unsattisfied

in november i was sent an xps 15. it worked fine for about a month then had issues got the usual update this reinstall that blah blah, motherbourd replaced for graphics fault. still problems, hard drive replaced, disk drive replaced, battery replaced, still issues. warranty ended still got issues transfering data and files being errased and corrupted it take 20minutes to move a 1gb of data, with 4gb of ram and an i5 processor (this took 3 min before the forst "repair") and now the screen freezes and trips out with stripes etc when i adjust it. this product is not under warranty now it ran out before christmas. it does not perform well it has not met expectations and the entire thing should have been scrapped with the first fault i now have no warranty and a machine that needs work and i do not see why i should have to pay for it when the machine has a history of being difficient and lacking in any kind of quality workmanship. this laptop has been a joke, i have had to reinstall and re install. how can a brand new product cause so much trouble when my second hand xps 1530 never had 1 issue and that had 2 owners before me!! i want this rectifying with a new machine as it has not met expectations and a lifespan of less than a year is not a good return for the £850 cost!

58 Posts

February 8th, 2013 15:00

Can you please clarify these two (apparently contradictory) statements for us...

"In November i was sent an xps 15"

"This product is not under warranty now it ran out before Christmas."

—Are you referring to November 2011 maybe?

December 8th, 2013 10:00

This post (from 9 months ago) worries me as I am planning to buy the new xps 15 ultrabook. I don't even see any acknowledgement of this post from dell support. XPS is the premium model of dell and if they are not responsive for these products then it raises an alarm to the potential customers. i would be interested to know what happend to this case.

8.8K Posts

December 8th, 2013 11:00

dakaify,

As one customer  to another  I'll tell you upfront that Dell is not going to send you a new computer or a refurbished system either.

Dell offers different length warranties and I always buy an extended warranty to avoid these problems.

Right now I'm  responding to you on an XPS 13 Touch Screen  and I  find this system to be practically flawless.

I have some links if you want to their support chat but that page is down right now...I can  post  them later if you want.

Zb1

8.8K Posts

December 8th, 2013 12:00

I  didn't  notice that this thread was almost a year old.  Had i seen that I wouldn't responded  obviously.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 8th, 2013 12:00

saurabh.mukhrj,

The DCF (Dell Community Forum) is not a 1 to 1 chat tool. The design of the DCF is to have users reply to users, not Dell replying to users. Yes, we do step in, but this is not the main purpose. To get more information on the XPS 15, please head over to the Laptop Forum boards.

No Events found!