Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2016 14:00

Can a replicated NFS mount be mounted read/write

After a NFS is replicated (with snapshot) can the replicated NFS be mounted read/write to another host?

What is required?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

April 20th, 2016 19:00

you can create a read/write snapshot of that file system and mount that. Original replicate will remain read-only. The read/write snapshot is really for validating the data is there.

226 Posts

April 21st, 2016 01:00

It can be mounted onto a new host as read-write provided you break the replication pair.

124 Posts

May 5th, 2016 10:00

just to validate.

I can mount the NFS replica as a read/write filesystem after the replication pair is disabled.

When doing the disable of replication will there be any repercussions to the original NFS? Someone made a comment to me saying I would need to take the original offline to its host prior to breaking the pair.

May 5th, 2016 12:00

if you make a snapshot or fastcopy of the replica on the destination Data Domain you can share and then mount mount that snapshot or fastcopy as read/write. There is no need to break the replication pair. The snapshot or fastcopy will be independent of the data being replicated. If you need to refresh the snapshot or fastcopy you'll need to take a new snapshot or fastcopy, then share and mount that.

No Events found!