Am new for DD.now DD direct fiber thru physically connected to IBM server(with out san switch).so i need to create vtl and connecting to ibm server comvalt console.
need support for how to connect this fc port for ibm server.please comment steps.
You can find this entire procedure with step-by-step instructions in EMC's Solve Desktop tool. It has a procedure generator for Data Domain and other EMC products. This is a very fast way to help yourself in many cases.
1) Search for "EMC SOLVE DESKTOP" in EMC Support
2) Download SolVe Desktop to your local workstation
3) Run the installer and when prompted, enter your credentials for the EMC Support site
4) When tool updates, click on Data Domain
5) Select Current Procedures > Feature Configuration and clickNext
6) On the Feature Configuration page, check the box for "VTL" (halfway down the page) and click Next
7) Click Generate
This will generate a Word document with step-by-step procedures for enabling the VTL feature, checking your licensing and creating access group for your IBM server.
Let us know if that helps!
what is exactly that you need help with ? Connect FC cable from FC port on DD to HBA on IBM server. If IBM server HBA does not login, you might have to look into HBAs settings and change it from switched to point-to-point ..or something of that nature.
karl thanks for your support.
I was did this steps and working its.
1.i checked my FC Connected or not.
2.go to the hardware->Fiber channel->Physical resources and check initiator link status(if online no isues)
3.go to the vtl tab and create VTL library->Tapes
4.go to the Access group and create access group and select online initiater(server to dd connected initiator)
5.import tapes from vault .