Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 11th, 2018 05:00

Data Domain vs. Meltdown and Spectre

Hello all,

Is Data Domain vulnerable to Meltdown and Spectre?

If so, when will we get the patches.

Will the update operation be performed by myself or through contact with the support?

And final question, how update will affect the performance of DD devices?

Regards

Piotr

10 Posts

January 15th, 2018 00:00

85 Posts

January 12th, 2018 07:00

I got this from DellEMC:

As I’m sure you’ve seen, over the last few days new security research has uncovered vulnerabilities (known as ‘Spectre’ and ‘Meltdown’ in the media) related to microprocessors that may allow unauthorized disclosure of information to an attacker with local user access via a side-channel analysis. For more information, please refer to this article posted on Intel’s website

Rest assured we are working diligently with Intel and others in the industry to address the issue. We highly recommend you bookmark the following pages where we will be publishing the latest information on affected Dell / Dell EMC products including BIOS updates as they are available.

In addition, Dell recommends customers follow security best practices for malware protection to protect against possible exploitation of these analysis methods. These practices include promptly adopting software updates, avoiding unrecognized hyperlinks and websites, and following secure password protocols.

No Events found!