Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2014 17:00

Disable Global Compression

Looking at doing some testing and want to be able to disable Global Compression.

I see you can disable local compression: # filesys option set set local-compression-type none
The only documented options for global compression appear to be 1 and 9: #filesys option set global-compression-type {1 | 9}

Is there any way at all to disable global compression as you can with local compression?

Appreciate your replies

January 7th, 2014 19:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Data Domain Support Forum".

Data Domain Support Forum

4 Posts

January 7th, 2014 20:00

Thanks Chris. Done

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 8th, 2014 01:00

I don't think box was designed for such tests by users and if possible it would need to be done by DD engineering for the sake of their own tests.

4 Posts

January 8th, 2014 13:00

Perhaps, but even so, I would assume it can be disabled and therefore would like to know how

116 Posts

January 8th, 2014 13:00

Hi Bishnz,

I spoke with our Filesystems team about this and they stated that you should call our support line to work with an engineer on this.  It may be possible to stop deduplication but we would want to work closely with you in attempting to do so.

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

January 9th, 2014 18:00

Looks like you want to disable de-dup on DD which is possible somehow but not that simple. Even tech support may not be able to do that. By all means, doing testing I can't say it's a good reason to convince the engineering to open the back door for you. BTW, what kind of testing would that be anyway?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 9th, 2014 18:00

i can easily see someone who wants to test impact of inline dedupe on network throughput.

4 Posts

January 12th, 2014 14:00

Thanks Patrick. Will do.

No Events found!