Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2014 11:00

Individual client occupancy on Data Domain

Hi

I would like to ask for help that has more knowledge on this issue because I dont  know how to obtain this information.

I need to view the occupation of my Data Domain from the point of view of client servers. As an example consider an environment with 10 servers (server1, server 2, server3 ...) where I run Networker for backups and and store daily data in Data Domain with different retentions. I would like to see when each server is occupying the Data Domain. Something like Server1: 10%, Server2: 25%, Server3: 8% and so on. Not necessarily be the occupancy percentage, but something that shows the detailed occupation per server

All sugestions are welcome!

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 20th, 2014 12:00

There is no straight (or direct) answer to this.  It is possible, but it requires some math and scripting.  This means that for each ssid for given client you will need to extract data from mdb which gives "ss data domain dedup statistics" which then you can use to calculate pre and post values.  I personally didn't play with it, but top of my head that would be one way of doing it.

13 Posts

June 23rd, 2014 06:00

Hrvoje Thanks for your insight ! I remember I saw some time ago a graphic representation of Data Domain occupancy. It was a kind of graph was composed by boxes in different sizes that showed each client occupancy. I think is was generated thru Mitrend or some other tool. I submitted my DD information to MiTrend but I did not received this graph into the presentation. I will work with some kind of script to get this information from DD. Again thanks for your comment ! Luciano

July 8th, 2014 09:00

Luciano,

This client level occupancy is generated from Mitrend.

The collection procedure can be slightly tricky, so take a look at the collection PDF file on the Mitrend Instructions page.

There are some caveats, listed on the first page of the report. It's actually not a perfect representation of occupancy, rather, it's good for showing which clients have the greatest "churn" (highest rate of change).

Contact us at feedback@mitrend.com for more information.

- Paul

13 Posts

July 10th, 2014 06:00

Paul thank you so much for your feedback. Meanwhile I sent a consistend collection from DD to Mitrend and the result was great ! It meet my expectations.

Luciano

No Events found!