Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2014 14:00

Removing backlog images in Data Domain DD160

We are through in cancelling the not SLP-completed (backlog) backup images, force expiring and removing/deleting the images in Symantec NBU 7.5.0.6, my question is how we can remove safely all the identified images in the data domain DD160? The reason why is we are lacking space now and want to regain some DD160 space. Please help. Thank you.

4 Posts

I've done the first two things you mentioned but on the the third one, i haven't done it yet. I'm quite doubtful if i execute this command in SSH, my question now is, Is it only the items i've force-expired images will be affected with this command? How can I assure if other data inside my Data Domain DD160 will not be erased or removed? Quite confused. Thanks.

4 Posts

Actually I've ran that also in SSH and in GUI but there is no significant change in disk space. Take note that I've deleted almost 80GB or more of catalog, backlog images there, still not improvements.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

I will assume here that process is the same for all backup applications.  In such case:

a) you remove data from backup application catalog

b) you run cleanup in backup application

c) you run cleanup on Data Domain (filesys clean start)

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

April 15th, 2014 23:00

You can execute it in CLI or GUI - it is the same thing.  From CLI you can check status in more details too.

If nothing was cleaned, then removed data either didn't make bulk of data which takes space on DD or cleanup could not clean it for various reasons (not marked as chunk which can be removed by application, some lock due to replication if used or whatever else).  You may engage DD support on this one and they can check status of your box in regards to DD cleaning.

No Events found!