Start a Conversation

Unsolved

3 Posts

July 6th, 2018 16:00

avamar Single node / DD2200 replication to avamar single node / DD2200

Hi guy,

I have 1 avamar single node with 1 datadomain DD2200 on my first datacenter and another couple on second datacenter.

Avamar is used for metadata storage only and all backuped data are on datadomain.

Each couple receive local backup (working perfectly) and I have a setup root to replicate between datacenter (I dont use mtree replication for datadomain replication).

On my avamar replication job, I need to use throttle setting for bandwith usage control.

How throttle are applied to replication?

I view network flow from avamar with throttle but datadomain flow don't respect throttle and consumme all bandwith.

I dont find any datasheet who explain avamar/DD replication process with network flow diagram

Does anybody can provide me this information?

Thanks for response.

85 Posts

July 17th, 2018 05:00

Avamar with Data Domain it uses Data Domain replication. Uou should be able to set a throttle on the mtree and it will respect it.

2K Posts

July 17th, 2018 06:00

Just to clarify in case others are reading this later, Avamar / DD integration uses Data Domain Managed File Replication (MFR). The Avamar system is in control of what is getting replicated but the DD is doing the heavy lifting.

3 Posts

July 18th, 2018 08:00

Hi,

After work with my dell-emc pre-sale, I have 2 confirmation:

- The replication are controled by avamar, he launch a mtree on-demand replication

- The throttle are set in Datadomain configuration but I have a bug in one of my datadomain (SR 11611084)

--> When it's time to change throttle settings, DD don't automaticaly apply new setting.

--> I use manually the "replication throttle resync" command and throttle setting are applied

thanks for your response.

2K Posts

he launch a mtree on-demand replication

Avamar uses Managed File Replication, not MTree replication.

3 Posts

I agree with Managed File Replication - sorry for my error

No Events found!