Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 22nd, 2016 05:00

Avamar and Data Domain Report

Hi All,

I want to create report based on below attribute.

Data Domain - Load [CPU(24 Hrs Average), memory (24 Hrs Average), I/O throughput (Every one hour in backup window time), Number of streams (Every one hour in backup window time), number of clients backing up)]

Avamar version :- 7.1.0-370

DD version - 5.4 and 5.5

We have DPA also - version is V6.2.1 (Build 96072)

Based on that report, it will be easy for us to assign client to which data domain and which time slot in backup window.

Thanks

1.2K Posts

September 27th, 2016 12:00

There are two ways to accomplish this.  The first is fairly easy and needs little customization.  The second is more involved, but is highly customizable.

Option 1)  Combine two different reports in the same view

The Data Domain "canned" reports (i.e. the pre-prgrammed reports that are included in DPA) contain performance values in the Data Domain Utilization chart.  You can put this chart on your canvas, then add the Avamar report you wish to see, i.e Avamar Number of Files Backed up Daily.  The two charts will have the same time period, and will line up nicely.

The downside is, you may need to make several, disparate charts to get all the details you've listed above.  Hence, Option 2 may be the way you need to go.

Option 2)  Create a Custom Report

The easiest way to do this is to go through each element, one-at-a-time, working from the defined System Report Templates.  What I mean is, start by saving a System Report Template (say, Backup All Jobs) to a Custom Template.  Next, go to each data Source (say, Backup Client Config or Backup Group Config) and check the "Include All" to propogate all of the data fields.  Next, edit the Report Operator to include only the details you wish to see and re-arrange them in the order you wish.  When you're satisfied, save the Custom Template.  Now, you repeat the process by adding a new Data Source, using the System Report Template for the additional data you wish to collect (say,Data Domain Active Streams).  At the end, use a Merge Operator to combine the data from the new source, and arrange it in your report.

This is a laborious process.  It will take time and experimentation, but there's no quick-and-easy way to provide the disparate data you're looking to graph.  One of the good things about DPA, is that the DPA Reporting Guide has a full listing of the various fields that are availlable for each Data Source.  A quick search can point you at the one or two Data Sources you'll probably need to collect all the data you're looking for.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

1.2K Posts

September 22nd, 2016 08:00

You'll want to move this discussion to the DPA community, as most of the solution lies in DPA.

This sounds like a Custom Report that should cover everything.  I'll have a look.

No Events found!