Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

4 Posts

June 10th, 2021 01:00

DPA Reporting on Avamar Hyper-V jobs per VM

Hi. Does anyone have experience reporting on Hyper-V backup jobs, in such a way that it reports success/failure for each individual VM, and not just the Hyper-V cluster? The default reports in DPA do not appear to do this, at least not in the same way they do for VMs on VMware. Are there custom reports which can be written to get the extra level of granularity?

4 Posts

July 13th, 2021 05:00

Hi,

Every vm has a single backup job on hyper so I created a modified version from the "report card" report with the followings:
-On Num jobs datasource change group by to client and job
- Added an extra field in following form 'client name' + ' ; '  + 'job name' 

Not so pretty but useful.

July 22nd, 2021 05:00

Hi tinilab,

Are you sure your solution is for Avamar backups of Hyper-V, and not Networker?

We are working on a solution which involves exporting csv files from Hyper-V hosts on a daily scheduled task and having DPA read the backup status for each VM.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 7th, 2021 03:00

Very Nice

February 28th, 2024 18:39

@jimbobfruitbat​ Just curious to check if you have the solution setup ?

1 Message

March 13th, 2024 12:21

I know this is a really old post now, but has anyone managed to work out a solution for this?

I have a requirement to produce a report for any Hyper-V guests that are not protected by an Avamar backup policy. The backup policies all target a Hyper-V cluster client, but all the reports just report on the client and not the Hyper-V source selections from what I can see.

Any help would be appreciated!

No Events found!