Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2011 17:00

How can I get the Active Backup report in DPA to cover any jobs still running ?

Hi,

I am fairly familiar with customising DPA reports, and I have created anew report based on the "Active Backup Jobs" report.

If the time period is set to NOW the report is empty, even though I know there is a backup job currently running

If I set the period to "Last DAY"  it still skips the currentyl running job, because it was started 2 days ago, and is still running !!

I would like to have the report just rpeort on ANY jobs that are still running at the moment the rpeort is run ...

anyone been able to do this  ??

February 22nd, 2011 06:00

I did some tests to see what it was doing, it seems to use the dates input as the spread of dates from which it gets its base data from and uses the time setting in the report to check the End Date field against current time.  I think you could only do that by setting a range of dates for the report ending with current time and starting enough days before to catch all backups that are still running then querying for status started or queued.

February 22nd, 2011 14:00

Hi David,  Thanks for the prompt reply....

Yes, I had surmised that , and set the date range in the report to be "last 24 hours".. and it seems to work..

unfortunately , on weekdays I want it to tell me any jobs still running from last nights backups.. and on mondays I want it to report on any jobs still running

from the weekends backups... so looks like I will have to have two different reports scheduled to cope...

no biggie,   just not quite as neat a solution..

thanks for you help in any case !!

February 23rd, 2011 06:00

I have a similar issue with a report I am doing; we report on two types of backup software, Networker and CommVault.  I have a report here using the Media Details/Media Count field which runs with a point in time as the time setting; it works for Networker hosts but if I run it for CommVault it returns no data.  However if I set the time to be a period of time (1 hour seems to work, 1 second doesn't) the Media Details reports back fine for CommVault (Media Count does depend on a time period and still doesn't report anything for CommVault).  In the test I was doing it appeared to then report fine when the report was changed back to report in time though I haven't duplicated it again!

All very confusing, especially when the reporting is inconsistent like this.

No Events found!