Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2013 09:00

Is DPA compatible with VDP

Hello,

I'm wonderring if DPA is compatible with VDP : we are having two backup solutions in order to backup our products : VDP for most of the VM and Networker for all the other servers. I would like to enjoy DPA reports and monitoring functionnalities. However, I found information about VMware protection, but nothing about VDP.

Someone has an idea?

Thank you,

McPicsou.

90 Posts

September 10th, 2013 11:00

Hi McPicou,

What version of DPA are you using? What kind of reports are you looking for? I haven't come across this yet, but will find out if this is possible. In the meantime, are you using the reporting and configuration tab in the web client to get high level monitoring and reporting?

Thanks,

-Ed

6 Posts

September 11th, 2013 02:00

Hi mikuszed,

My plan is to get DPA if it's good enough for our needs. So we don't have it yet. I would like that we have a consolidated reporting and monitoring solution for both VDP and Networker backup solutions with at least the following informations:

- All the servers are protected by either VDP or Networker (or at least for the VMs), for example if a VM is not protected or not enough protected depending on our criterias, I would like the software send us an alert

- See the succesfull and failed backup

- Get an overall view of our backup Information System

Thanks!

McPicsou

90 Posts

September 12th, 2013 05:00

Morning McPicsou,

I don't have a definitive answer as of yet. With the latest version of DPA, I know it is able (as it has always been) to leverage certain traps. Therefore, if you don't see an explicit section for monitoring VDP, I'm confident there would be a way to customize DPA, to meet your needs. I have an inquiry to get more information. Also, reach out to your Backup and Recovery Systems Engineer, they can assist in maybe a demo or a meeting diving deeper into DPA. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,

-Ed

No Events found!