RE: remote systems

Jump to solution

Retok, 

This is a very earlier version of OMCI ( Hapi too). please upgrade to OMCI 8.2.1 from this below link. 

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/1773.openmanage-client-instrumenta...

i would suggest you to disconnect the Remote session and connect back after upgrade of OMCI. 

this will solve all your issues. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
retok
Bronze

Jump to solution
I know but 7.8 is the last working version. with 8.0 and later I have problems, see here: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/f/4709/p/19426765/20511979.aspx#20511979 and that's the main reason I tried the new powershell solution. would be great to have an OMCI version which will solve all my issues ;-)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Retok, 

You can still install HAPI alone individually using the HAPI_X86_64.zipx file in the PowerShell Beta folder. 

Steps are given in Readme.txt as well. 

Please follow the steps below to install HAPI driver
- Unzip the HAPI_X86(*).zipx (32/64 bit Arch) file into your working folder.
- Open a Command Prompt with administrative rights and navigate to your working folder.
- Execute HAPIInstall.bat from the HAPI folder. This should install HAPI driver.
- Execute "Driverquery /v" on the same command prompt and verify if "dcdbas" is visible from the 
list.
- If dcdbas is visible, then Driver installation is successful.

please share us your feedback. 

Also OMCI is fixing all the Monitor related issue in coming release. 

0 Kudos
retok
Bronze

Jump to solution
Installed HAPI, it works now! For testing purpose I have changed Numlock value to "Disabled" on a remote PC, rebooted the PC, checked the BIOS and found Numlock=Disabled. Then repeated the hole procedure and changed Numlock back. looking forward to test the new OMCI version! many thanks for your support, Reto
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Welcome Reto, 

OMCI Version will soon be available. please do write to us about any queries on OMCI and Dell PS. ! 

Thanks

Karthik.C