Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

16 Posts

August 19th, 2021 15:00

Dell Mobile Connect, high CPU usage

I upgrade recently from DMC 3.3 to the new version and the CPU usage is insane.

My Laptop: XPS 9300 UHD i7

Task Manager screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/DJNZCNB

Version: 4.0.6072.0

When the window is active and I'm using it to view/respond to messages the usage peaks to 25%, with an average of 15%. When the window is active and I'm not even touching it, usually around 7%-14%.

When the window is minimized or on a different desktop, using a different program or nothing at all, usage is still high around 5%-8%.

Only when I X out the program and allow it to run in tray does it run efficient around 0%-0.4%. The downside of having it run in tray/background is the text and call notifications don't appear to come through at all.

What's the deal with this program? I love this app by the way as well as the previous 3.3 app, but the 3.3 app never ramped up my laptop fans as soon as I started using it as far as I remember.

For comparison Firefox, not considered to be an energy efficient browser, only spikes to 10% CPU usage for brief moments (1-3 seconds) when doing things like loading new pages or logging in to websites. If you're sitting on a page and reading/scrolling an article, it chills around 1%. Average usage around 3%, minimized it's 0%-1%. This is with 10 tabs open like Gmail and Time-keeping websites constantly updating. Yet DMC idles at 10% constantly lol. Simply having DMC open drains more CPU than watching a 4K video on Youtube...

If this was a desktop I wouldn't care at all but this is a 4K laptop with a tiny battery. On top of that it's native software.

Anyone else notice this? Curious to know if it's maybe something wrong with my hardware/software.

November 12th, 2021 09:00

I had this same issue when 4.x came out, finally just bailed back to 3.3. Now, with the EOL nags in 3.3, and my recent update to Windows 11, thought I'd try again. Ugh. 20-30% CPU usage when running, around 10% if minimized. All system drivers/FW up to date.

Has been the same for months. In other words, they've removed the feature.

4 Posts

December 25th, 2021 23:00

Dashboard options are good .but screen mirroring not work properly File transfer rate very very slow I want to send file on the basis of hotspot not on internet . please make some changes. .

16 Posts

January 30th, 2022 13:00

Seems to be working good now. I can leave the mobile connect app open or minimized and the CPU usage is as expected. Not sure what took so long lol but glad they finally fixed it!

4 Posts

April 13th, 2022 01:00

Dell Mobile Connect is the Easiest app link I have installed in 10+ yrs. Linked new PC with mobile in minutes. Dashboard is first line for action and is setup for the most used apps. Began by deleting unwanted photos via Dashboard, confirmation on mobile, Done. I highly recommend DMConnect to all regardless of tech ability. I will update rating as I use phone, contacts, text, etc. TY

No Events found!